2020 🦇 Halloween Specials: Legend of the Swamp Thing & DC: Doomed and The Damned

And they say cheaters never prosper. :sweat_smile:

Extra points for Superman, eh? You know, I’m thinking you’ve got a Superman fan lurking within, based on how you’ve propped him up lately. Do I doth declare correctly, m’friend?

SN on Superman: #26 was quite good and featured some beautuful art. Give it a read if you’re inclined.

As for the Swamp Thing book, I’m literally reading the second half right now. Why I’ve dragged my ass to finish it is a mystery (worthy of the House of Mystery? Mmmm…nah!), but finished soon it shall be! As Serpentor said in G.I. Joe: The Movie: “This, I command!”.

1 Like

Lol “lurking”. I guess we could call it that. :face_with_monocle: I like a lot of things!
Full disclosure: Before Christopher Reeve (and Tyrone Power—watched a LOT of very old movies when I was wee), my childhood crushes were little green guys—Kermit, Oscar, Yoda…ok, and Gonzo. So Clark has a special place :smile: I’ve also grown to be a bigger Lois Lane fan these days. I know I run a HQ club , but Diana Prince is my #1, then come the plant people :seedling: :wilted_flower:

1 Like

Almost forgot! I think this ones my favorite so far. Cant NOT like a talking plant in a boot. :green_heart: One more to go!
I’ll do a fuller review when I’m done.

Spoiler page

1 Like

But…Gonzo not’s green. The Great Gazoo, now he’s green:

I’m glad to hear you’ve an appreciation for Superman and Tyrone Power. What’s your favorite Power flick? I’m a The Mark of Zorro man, myself.

Speaking of Lois, have you read her most recent title? It’s great and then some.

1 Like

Hey now. Gonzo and Camilla are relationship goals! :joy: I still don’t actually know what Gonzo is, do you?

As for Tyrone Power, (Zorro, of COURSE) but it was Black Swan that got me.

He did one w/ Gene Tierney…Son of Fury I liked that one too. I wonder if I’d still like them?? Possibly best to leave it in the past tho. Sometimes it’s better that way. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I am a HUGE Greg Rucka fan…and Nicola Scott, so an enthusiastic YES!! :tada:

1 Like

BadASS! Up top!

I haven’t seen The Black Swan. I’ll have to keep an eye out for it. I :heart: Maureen O’ Hara.

As for what Gonzo is, he’s a chicken “enthusiast” :wink:.

1 Like

@Vroom

Also…

:joy: I want to, but…
I’m not touchin’ that beyond giggles. :smirk:

1 Like

You don’t want to be in the car when he drives by Popeyes. :laughing:

1 Like

:laughing: Quick- let’s look at Swampy!!

(This is a print from Sideshow Collectibles. :heart_eyes:) Sold out there, but could swear I saw it on Ebay—I’ll find a link!!

2 Likes

Nice! :green_heart:

leans in

Does he have a li’l critter under the bark on top of his right shoulder? Who knew Swampy accepted hop-ons?

I still haven’t finished the book. I’m one story away, though.

1 Like

That is a really nice print! Swamp Thing is one of the characters where I don’t think I’ve ever really seen many bad pictures of him.

3 Likes

It looks like it but I can’t tell if it’s just an illusion!

And no rush. Threads not going anywhere. :purple_heart:

1 Like

I know, I just feel like my proscrastination may make you think this (especially since you, like me, are a Ted Knight enthusiast):

2 Likes

I’ll let one of our unofficial mascots speak for me here :wink:

1 Like

Ah, Ted. :purple_heart: Its a touch more like this tho:
JkJk!! :smile: No worries. At all. Truly.

1 Like

Ah geez, I’ve got Madonna waiting?

She probably thinks I “move so slowly” in my reading.

1 Like

Her? Definitely thinks we’re all too slow. :sunglasses::purple_heart:

1 Like

Now I’m hung up on listening to Hung Up…

1 Like

Confessions is a great album. :smiling_imp: Listen to the WHOLE THING! :raised_hands:t3: Jk Not a requirement… I want to listen to it now of course. Lol

1 Like