A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Batman 80-Page Giant 2010

5 Likes

I have to reread those on here-- a little more straight through.

4 Likes

Are those new stories or reprints?

2 Likes

It’s been awhile since I read it (9 years). According to DC Comics:

“Some of the most promising new talent in comics are corrupted by the most depraved villains in Gotham City in this all-new special featuring The Joker, the Riddler, Calendar Man, Scarecrow, and yes, even Humpty Dumpty! It’s seven short stories, all in one giant issue! The joke’s on you if you think you’ll make it out of this alive!”

So I think they are new stories.

4 Likes

I wonder if its on here

2 Likes

It is: DC Universe

4 Likes

I will have to read that. This will become my primary comics source.

5 Likes

All of DC’s 80 page specials from the 2000s are all new stories.

4 Likes

More to read in the coming days!

4 Likes

DC Comics Presents 12.
August 1979.
Andru/Giordano cover.
dccomicspresents12

7 Likes

Neal Adams Superman covers.

7 Likes

Curt Swan covers August 1959.
jimmyolsen40 loislane12 superman132 superboy76 detective272 batman127 adventure265 action257

7 Likes

It was a good year, and a great month in that year!

DC Universe does actually have one of these comics in the digital library currently: Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane #13

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/superman-s-girl-friend-lois-lane-1958-1973-12/1167896e-5c8e-48d2-8562-0dedd3648ded/

5 Likes

Superman: Panic in the Sky TPB 1993.
One of the earliest storylines that DC packaged into the TPB format.
Fantastic story and art.
If you have not read this it can be found in the storyline section of the comic book section.panicsky
Brainiac returns to invade the earth with his ultimate weapon, Warworld, a planet-sized satellite built for destruction. With the help of super-powered friends like Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and many more, Superman must lead the attack on Brainiac and protect Earth!

Written by Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway, Louise Simonson, and Roger Stern
Art by Jon Bogdanove, Tom Grummett, Dan Jurgens, Bob McLeod, Brett Breeding, Doug Hazlewood, Dennis Janke, and Denis Rodier
Collects : ACTION COMICS #674-676, SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL #9-11, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #488-490, SUPERMAN #65-67.

5 Likes

Justice League of America 183-185.
Crisis on Apokolips.
Justice_League_of_America_183
Justice_League_of_America_184 Justice_League_of_America_185
Long time JLA artist Dick Dillon(12 year run) died while drawing issue 184.
George Perez replaced him and had a small run on the title(184–186, 192–197, 200) himself.

5 Likes

When epics didn’t take 14 issues…

4 Likes

Bendis would have stretched this out for two years on the main title and 4 mini-series.

4 Likes

It boggles sometimes. Truly.

4 Likes

The issues are here to read…I hope someone that sees this and hasn’t read them will give it a go.

4 Likes

I don’t know how many times I reread that in those days. I’m tempted now.

4 Likes