There are a lot of characters in DC, right? And there are a lot of letters in the Earth alphabet, right?
In this game, one player posts the name of a DC character or group that ends with a certain letter.
The next player has to post a character or group that starts with that letter, and the cycle continues.
Here’s a nifty example:
(The next person would answer with an r name.)
A DC character means any character in a DC property that is:
- Not in the public domain (e.g. Jack Frost, Paul Bunyan, etc.)
- Not a person or group that exists in the real world. (BER, George Washington, etc.)
- Not a minor character with a common name
(If you do use a common name, specify who you mean. If, for example, you mean “Bruce” as in Batman, please specify.)
Also, names of places (e.g. Gotham), items (e.g. Ibistick), or writers (e.g. Brian Michael Bendis) are not yet allowed. Robots, (e.g. L-Ron or Suzie-Q) are okay.
There is also a points system to the game! If you want to get a point, then follow these rules:
- If the next letter is u, do not post Umitu, forcing the next player to post another u name.
- If someone posts “Xanadu”, do not post “Umbrax”, since another player would have to post another x name.
- Spell the names as best as possible, por favor.
- Don’t reply to your own name. Wait for someone else to reply.
- Bolding the letters of a name is optional (but looks cool). I just did it in the above examples to help clarify things.
Here are the statistics on each round so far: