Action Comics (1938-) #1

Action Comics (1938-) #1

This is a really satisfying read! To anyone who’s interested, you won’t be disappointed.

7 Likes

This is where it all started from Mr. Siegel and Mr. Shuster. A great beginning to a character that is almost 100 years old.

5 Likes

This is where it all began. Thank you Mr. Siegel and Mr. Shuster for inventing the world’s greatest superhero…The Man Of Steel Superman!

6 Likes

This is the book that started it all and made a true icon for the last 80 years thank you, Joe and Jerry, for giving us with your ideas .

6 Likes

Great first book to read on this great app!

4 Likes

A must read. Thank you!!

6 Likes

It’s Gold

1 Like

Wish this included the full issue and not just the Superman story. Would really like to read those Zatara stories.

5 Likes

I have to say that it is really cool seeing some of the ideas that are in this initial comic book being carried out in later comic books, movies and TV shows. The comic book that started it all. When people say that superhero movies and superheroes are just a trend, I will always point to this. Superheroes have been 80 years in the making and who knows when it will stop? Now, I really want to binge the rest of Action Comics because this was a solid start. Really compact way to introduce all of the characters and plotlines.

4 Likes

Still love this story, not only is it the proverbial beginning of dc comics and what helped make them what they are today. I just think what it must have been like to hold this issue in your hands when it first came back. Let’s just say if I had a time machine I would go back and grab up as many copies as I could. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Never forget your roots.

2 Likes

Siegel and Shuster’s run is still one of the best ever done. Hopefully they add some more including the early appearances of Ultrahumanite and Luthor.

2 Likes

I am so excited to read this for the first time!

2 Likes

And to think it’s already spanned over a thousand more stories… Wow!

Superman used to be savage! Man beats wife, Superman punches him through a wall. Man tries to hurt Lois, Superman flies the guy around the city by his foot. Pure genius!

6 Likes

There needs to be a moment in a superman movie where superman tells a criminal “I’ll teach you a lesson you will never forget” then he faints and Supes catches him lol

Introduction of the most powerful superhero!

Probably one of the most interesting reads, you’ll find on this app! This is Superman like you’ve never seen him before, the hard-knocks, no nonsense, he’ll whack a villain Superman. Ain’t no Boys Scout here!

2 Likes

“You needn’t be afraid of me. I won’t harm you.”

Superman’s first words to the brave woman who would share so many adventures with him and become his wife. In this first appearance, he’s rough-and-tumble, looking for a fight, and takes crap from no one. But when he talks to Lois, he simply assures her that he means only good for her. From the very beginning, Lois and Superman were meant for each other.

Gets me every time.

1 Like