Action Comics (1938-) #2

Action Comics (1938-) #2

Its sort of amazing how much Siegel leaves on the table here story wise. Like who is Lola Cortez, what’s so important about those papers she’s trying to hide and what happens to her after Superman rescues Lois? I feel like there’s definitely something worth telling here.

4 Likes

It’s funny how he threatens the bad guys like killing them or tearing their hearts out.

2 Likes

Wow, I never realized how overtly anti-capitalist the early Superman stories were! Kind of makes the fellas who want to “get politics out of comics” look a bit silly.

1 Like

In the original superhero’s second adventure, he forces a gun manufacturer to enlist and sends him into battle to show him the tragic consequences of the military industrial complex.

@MagusFool Comic books, minus the time in the 50’s when they were trying to keep from being government regulated, have always been political and had a liberal slant. That is nothing new to today, I mean look at the Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories, or hell almost any Green Arrow stories… I don’t know where people got this idea Comic Books were once some kind of conservative media… but they are wrong.

1 Like

Two pages repeatedly appear twice, at weird points of the story. This is the second issue of their prestigious title. I hope DC work on this issue and re-upload the proper format of this issue.

Early Superman is savage and I love it.