Amanda Waller Recs

Can anyone recommend any good issues featuring her?

2 Likes

There’s one from N52 where they go into her back story as a kid with her and her sister having to deal with there (drunk or abusive) father, I wanna say. It’s been a while can’t remember if it was in a Batman or JL comic. Will look for it and get back with ya. Maybe not a great story but it was different.

1 Like

Well, I’ll give the obvious answer: all of John Ostrander’s ‘80s/‘90s run on Suicide Squad. It’s her introduction as the character we know and love today and it features some fantastic stories of her badassery. A particular standout story, entitled “Up Against the Wall,” can be found in issue 10 of the series. It’s the best story featuring the character, easily. Also of interest is the 2000s Checkmate series by Greg Rucka, one I’ve recommended a few times on here recently. It features her in a role not dissimilar to that of her Suicide Squad career, and it’s an excellent spy comic. If you like those, I’d also recommend the indie comic Copra, which was heavily inspired by the Ostrander Suicide Squad comics, and has a character that’s basically Amanda Waller in it. I’m sure others could give you some deeper cuts, but hopefully that’s a good amount of reading material.

4 Likes

@AquamonC137 @Batwing52 Thank you both very much! I landed her for the art challenge but really have only seen her in the animated stuff.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing it. Could just be wrong or maybe it wasn’t even waller :rofl: I have all the N52 Batman&JL and feel like it was a mini story at the end of one or something. IDK will let ya know if I do find it, haven’t gone back and read many since they came out and my memory sucks with these things.

1 Like

It’s okay! I don’t want to take up your time. I appreciate the thought :blush:

1 Like