any lesser known Hero comics on here to check out

Looking for recommendations

2 Likes

-Elongated Man
-Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
-The Authority

That’s a good start, especially The Authority.

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy them.

1 Like

I got hooked into Christmas with the superheroes it’s long but fun

That is a fun read. DC and Christmas: two fantastic things that go hand in hand.

2 Likes

Indeed my friend

1 Like

Frankenstein age of shade is excellent. One of the few I just came across one day at the library before this site & they had all the issues available. I took a shot & they were awesome. Also, if u like Jack Kirby there’s a ton of Kamandi comics on here. He gets lots of exposure on Batman Brave & Bold animated series too.

2 Likes

Agent of S.H.A.D.E. Excuse my autocorrect

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you’d consider lesser known but they also have a Dr. Fate ( not lesser known but under represented I should say ) & Batman & the outsiders has lesser knowns it. Considering that is compared to mainstream, Katanas probably the best represented in DC out of the crew in that.

Also should check out Manhunter. A great read that seems to have become mostly forgotten, and they have the entire run.

2 Likes

Go deep, check out some of the older stuff. Brave and the bold was a batman team up book, rotating characters that can give you a good gateway to their stories

2 Likes

That’s a great recommendation too. Several of those BaTB issues have great artwork by Neal Adams and Jim Aparo.

If you’re hungry for more, I’d go with:
-Forever People
-Hitman
-Mister Miracle (the earliest series)
-Prez (2015 series; a modern gem)
-WildC.A.T.S

3 Likes

Yes@ Vroom, forever people is next on my list. Beautiful Dreamer is a name I keep forgetting to drop on favorite female characters. Great in JL & YJ. Love Voltron- like formation of infinity man. 4th world Kirby I’m in every time.

Not too outside the box but Superboy & the legion of superheroes was great. If u aren’t familiar or even if you are, it’s got all kinds of em in it & it’s an awesome storyline. At least for me,I couldn’t put it down.

I don’t know if you would call it lesser know but I would highly recommend Justice Society of America

I’m going to second the 2015 Prez series. Just be warned it was cancelled abrubtly and as such doesn’t have a proper ending.

1 Like

Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore and The Authority by Warren Ellis are both A grade.