any snyder fans out there with me?

would love to talk about Snyders work and the DCEU movies as a whole. please be civil. would love to hear your thoughts.

3085.jpg

39 Likes

I don’t like what he did with BvS and justice league. He killed Superman in BvS and then he did justice league without Superman until he was brought back to life by a damn mother box just that quick it was lazy.

1 Like

I think MOS is a better movie than anything in the MCU (which I like). BvsS isn’t perfect but it at least is trying something

5 Likes

BvS the Ultimate Cut is way better than the theatrical version

5 Likes

I love what he tried to do. I think the studio keep cutting their feet off and making bad decisions. Man of Steel was great and I’d love to see a sequel. BvS was flawed, but I think it was still great. Justice League was good but would’ve been much better if Snyder’s vision was left intact and the studio didn’t place a stupid 2 hour restriction on the film. You look at Marvel and their attitude of just let the director make a great movie and their mindset of 2 hour movies are a thing of the past and compare to WB exec’s trying to micromanage.

1 Like

Agree should have gone with his vision on JL move on after if you need to

1 Like

Snyder’s movies didn’t make the cash Warner wanted, but something he did well that still holds true today is he done a great job casting the Justice League

1 Like

@ harrymomo I Loved Man of Steel and BvS Snyder cut of course. Wonder Woman was good too. Suicide squad was meh ok. But justice league was a disappointing piece of junk . I do want to see Aquaman though.
A lot of people on here are stuck on Christopher Reeves because he smiles A lot. I really liked watching superman becoming the superman he was supposed to be. But Joss cut all of that.
One of my favorite scenes was when Zod dissolves the council . At the beginning. I also really loved the Batman nightmare. Super cool stuff.
For a awhile I actually believed that DC was going to beat marvel at making movies. But …yea…I guess that wasn’t really the plan. Then I foolishly thought they would try to complete with them in comics when they released this app. Nope. Competing with marvel is aperantly not the plan.
What were your favorite parts quotes scenes?

I just hope we can keep Affleck and Cavill to eventually get another Justice League

3 Likes

I still unabashedly love Zack Snyder’s work. I think he is one of the best visual directors and cinematographers in the business. Yes. BvS wasn’t perfect, but that wasn’t entirely is fault. Studio mandate dictated that BvS be the kickstart for a shared universe that definitely needed more time in the oven, so I believe he did the best with what he had. Man of Steel is still one of my favorite DC films, I firmly believe that only he had the balls to bring Watchmen to life on the big screen, and that whatever the Snyder Cut may be it is leaps and bounds better than the Frankestein monster we got after Whedon took over.

7 Likes

@Dr.Doom I love bvs and mos. they’re both in my top ten. I consider them nearly perfect movies, both as comic adaptations and on a technical film level. I saw aquaman on Saturday and it was absolutely fantastic. It’s about the same as Wonder Woman, maybe a little better. There were a few cringe jokes but they passed really quickly, and the pacing was weird, but it was a great movie with a great story, great characters, and a powerful message about personal growth and responsibility.

2 Likes

IamSpectre94 You do know that Doomsday kills Superman in the comics right? I actually loved that scene. It was the most selfless and heroic thing I’ve seen in a super hero film. Also, the Ultimate Edition of BvS is one of the best comic book movies IMO. I also love MoS, which gets better every time I watch it. WB butchered Justice League, and unfortunately we may never see the version of the film that had picture lock in early 2017, that was shown to studio execs, before all the reshoots.

3 Likes

Zack Snyder is one of the best filmmakers in Hollywood :+1: His movies all have an epic look and feel that few other films ever achieve. His movies have emotion and depth to them, which is what confuses the critics, who prefer lighter easy-to-digest popcorn entertainment.

3 Likes

My favorites of Snyder’s films are 300 and MoS. Watchmen was good. There’s a good movie buried under all the mess in BvS.

Best Snyder moments:
-Leonidas’ death
-Jor-el says, “You can save them Kal-el. You can save them all.”
-Perry White saves Jenny Olsen
-Superman snaps Zod’s neck
-Comedian fights Ozymandias
-Silk Spectre’s pain moves Dr. Manhattan
-Knightmare sequence
-“I’ll kill her man. Believe me.” --“I believe you.”

I love this community! Finally, somewhere I can go and not get attacked for liking Zack Snyder. In the Watchmen, Dr. Manhattan is explaining his origin and it’s beautifully written, shot, and scored. I think I’m the only person that loved the Martha scene. BvS Ultimate Cut is my preferred cut.

7 Likes

100% absolutely not, there was no build up to doomsday, no build up for JL he rushed everything thinking it would be just as good of a franchise as avengers in like 4 films when avengers build up was like 8 films.

Yep, I’m a big fan of his work. MOS is a masterpiece, and I love BVS. Watchmen is great, and I think Sucker Punch is underrated and misunderstood by many.

3 Likes

I remember reading an interview before BvS and misunderstanding how Snyder said the film would be structured. I thought he said that the Knightmare sequence would be one of many flashes to alternate universes with elseworlds takes on the conflict between Batman and Superman, throughout the film. We would see the different versions falling out with eachother as the movie cut to these opposite realities as the main storyline built up to them going to war with eachother in the final act. I thought omg this is going to be amazing and it’s going to introduce the multiverse before going into Justice League. Sadly that movie only exists in my head now, but it would have been great. It also would have lent additional gravity to the Martha revelation if that was what stayed Bruce’s hand while all the other Batmen and Supermen killed eachother in the quantum realm of the other universes.

No superfluous Doomsday entrance needed in the final act. Save that for MoS2, after JL.

1 Like

Right here. I post on any pro Snyder thread I see. He made my all time favorite DC movie-Watchmen. I love everything he touches DC wise.

6 Likes