Anyone else found this recent episode of HARLEY QUINN (Episode 9,S1) to be extremely gut wrenching?

If you have not seen episode 9, then it is best to avoid this thread. I’m not really sure how spoilers work so I apologize if I formatted it incorrectly. I don’t want anyone to miss out on experiencing content for themselves.

We all know the story of Joker and Harley, of how horrible Joker was to Harley. As goofy brilliant as this is, it’s also incredibly deep and for episode 9 we all got a mass dose of that , I’m sure. And I’m also sure that what I have to say isn’t anything special that hasn’t been said before but I’ll go with it anyhow but in the moment that Joker did what he did to Harley , I related to that. Trying so hard for someone and always being there for them when all they do is hurt you, abandon you, and you’re always the one reaching out to them but they don’t even put an ounce of effort towards you? I totally felt that. I’ve been through it.

How the illusion of what she thinks they had is just truly shattered… I really hope that as they continue with the series, we continue to see some awesome character development for Harley Quinn & the others and I can’t wait to see what comes for her after this.

I always personally related to Harley Quinn… Not because I’d want a Joker/Harley Quinn relationship , not because of Margot Robbie’s totally hot take on Harley Quinn , and definitely not because she’s some really cool popular character, but because I can relate to her struggles and attaching my identity to people I’ve loved, and then getting screwed over by them. It is through my own traumatic experiences in life that I became interested in psychology and why it is that people do the things they do, how I can be able to better understand them, but also… how can I break out on my own cycle and redeem myself from the things I’ve done and the things that have been done to me so that I can be my own individual and encompass my own purpose?

Feel free to comment, agree to disagree, or whatever!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: HARLEY QUINN S1, E9 Reaction Thread - :rotating_light: WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD :rotating_light: