Anyone else hate the flash tv show?

Every time I sit down to watch the cw flash series, I feel myself losing brain cells. This show (in its current state) is the worst thing my eyes have seen! This show repeatedly insults my intelligence as a fan of the flash. Barry Allen is repeatedly nerfed throughout the series, at one point he moves so fast he stops time, but in another episode he’ll be bested by a villain that is so much weaker than him. This show in one word is inconsistent, but sadly, inconsistency isn’t the only thing the show suffers from. This show suffers from the horrendous writing, cringe worthy side characters, terrible representations of the villains, ridiculously long episodes, way too many episodes, and worst of all iris west. This show goes out of its way to make iris west a “strong independent woman”. So much so that it makes Barry look like an idiot. (Before I continue I should clarify something, I do not hate strong female characters or females in general. I just hate when writers go out of their way to make women look better than men. A great and likable female character is Mikasa Akerman from the show “Attack on Titan”. She is one of the best characters on that show and is a great example of what a strong female character should be. Anyway, just thought I should clear some things up before continuing. Didn’t want anyone thinking I hate women :joy:. Anyway, back to the rant.) I wish I was lying about there being an episode where Barry gets captured and has to be saved by Iris, or that there is an entire episode dedicated to the women of the CW shows saving the day while the men sit in a bar drunk acting like idiots. I came to watch A TV show about the flash, I didn’t watch the show to see Iris West and Caitlin snow save the day while my favorite comic book character sits in a bar drunk babbling like an idiot. I’m convinced that the writers of the show know nothing about the character they’re writing about. Now let’s talk about the villains. Every good villain on the show has either died or has become a hero. Captain cold is one of my favorite villains, and in this show they treat him like trash. He went from being one of the greatest foes Barry has ever faced, to being a hero on a show that no one cares about and then dying. Same goes for heatwave. Mark hamil as the trickster is one of the greatest parts of the entire series but he never shows up after season 2. It’s as if the writers of this show are too scared to assemble the rogues. No more than three of the rogues have teamed up in a single episode. Only half of one of the greatest super villain teams in the dc universe have appeared on this show over the course of five years. That’s insane, considering that the rogues are one of the Flash’s greatest enemy’s! Reverse flash was great, zoom was good, savitar was a joke and the thinker sucked. Cicada is lame also. As Bad as the show is, it’s not beyond saving. With a few small changes the show can be as good as it once was. First thing they need to do is shorten the time of each episode to 35 minutes. Next step is to reduce the amount of episodes per season to 12-15 episodes maximum. Next step, is to get rid of the unnecessary side characters, this involves Cisco, Kaitlyn and Wells (as well as Nora). The step after that will be to incorporate side characters that matter, for example Wally West, impulse, Jay Garrick etc.
Next step, hire writers that know what they’re doing and understand the character they’re writing about.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me (even though I’m right😂).
Let me know your thoughts in the comments, I’d love to know what everybody thinks of this show.

Thanks for reading. :v:t2:

2 Likes

Out of all the CW shows, The Flash is my favorite. That being said, I can’t disagree with the critiques of the writing quality or the inconsistency. Personally, I like it as kind of a mindless romp, but I definitely see why someone wouldn’t.

TLDR; You’re not wrong, but that’s why I like it :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Season 1 of The Flash was one of the best Superhero shows ever, in my opinion. However, ever since season 1 The Flash has been loosing steam with me.

2 Likes

I actually like seasons 1 through 4 but I couldn’t get by a handful from S5. Barry has become the supporting cast and that is not the show I want to watch.

1 Like

I just hate that Barry’s turned into a moron every few episodes, or acts like a crazy person, to suit the story. He’ll forget what feet are until he watches a touching vignette play out between Cisco and his aunt about how important feet are, and then Barry will get that “I learned a very important lesson today” look on his face, and apologize to everyone for screaming at them that their feet problems weren’t important.

And this has been happening since my beloved season 1! I thought he’d grown out of it after [SPOILER] was introduced, but then he hysterically flipped out and LOCKED [SPOILER] IN THE [SPOILER]! WTF!

1 Like

Why watch what you hate?

3 Likes

Flash is the only CW show I watch anymore occasionally I will watch Arrow

1 Like

You arent alone. I can’t stand any of those CW shows, no substance, just pretty people speaking lines. I remember when I decided it wasn’t for me, it was when Joe walks in and see’s Ronnie for the first time. Looks over at Barry “dead boyfriend?” Confirmed, Joe has nothing more to add, nothing remarkable going on here, we have expositional dialogue to spout after all. It just made me feel stupid for watching

2 Likes

I don’t hate the show. I think like all shows its had it’s ups and downs. Personally it’s up there next to Legends of Tomorrow for my favorite comic book show on the CW. Occasionally yes, they’ll have Barry do something that makes you smack your head (like the constant time travel even though Jay told him not to in season three) but compared the whole of the show, that’s a minor nitpick.

I will say this season has been a little uneven for me. Cicada just isn’t a strong villain and we spent more time developing Nora in the first half than we did expanding on the rest of Team Flash. I feel this has gotten better since the crossover. Joe is back (which is a blessing because when he was gone, you could see the impact of his loss when it came to the team and the stories), getting Nora’s back story has made me give Nora a little more slack and I feel like we’re starting to focus in on the meat of the season.

Like many shows these days, The Flash just needs to be twelve to thirteen episodes tops per season. It’ll cut down on filler and really zero in on storylines.

1 Like

I like it but it does seem more and more Barry and the others will do things out of character or that their is no reason they wouldn’t know better than just to suit the plot.

1 Like

Just want to put it out there… my father works for the cw. But j do have an unbiased opinion…
The only reason I started the show was because I LOVE the flash and speedsters in general. But after I started to see the quality of the acting in the show, I started to lose my respect for the show… slowly but surely. I actually stopped watching it mid fifth season because of XS… her acting is literally poo-quality.
I also dont like how the order of events are happening. How flashpoint happened before crisis of infinte earths is a big no no. And than how Godspeed comes before crisis on infinte earths is also a big no no!!!
So ya that is why the show sucks… in a nut shell.

1 Like

Hey I remember you from the All Access app!!! What’s up my man??

2 Likes

And I really liked the first 2 seasons! I had friends and family watch it and even they loved it. After the 2nd season it sucked.

2 Likes

WASSUP!!! Ya I agree.

2 Likes

On dc all access I was known as… speedstergenious. Idk if I’m still the right person or not.

1 Like

Mark Hamill hasn’t shown up as the Trickster because he was needed in a galaxy far, far away…

2 Likes

@InMagno
Not much man, I had seen you in the community, but wasn’t sure if you were the same guy from DCAA :joy:

1 Like

@C_Lad: Yeah man it’s me! Lol I got banned the last time you seen me which was f’n stupid

I still remember everyone from the DCAA so it’s like a little reunion every time I see one of you guys! :joy:

1 Like

@InMagno :joy: how’d you get banned?

1 Like