Anyone read DCeased series?

I have the run in my box, but have yet to read it. Anyone read the first DCeased run? I’d like to know your thoughts before diving in myself. I don’t really know the plot or concept of the comics, but I picked them up because I loved the movie poster cover variants and got strong Marvel Zombies vibes from the covers.

1 Like

I’m waiting to. I’ve heard it’s really good and the covers looks awesome.

1 Like

I have it. It was good has some nice turns and some thought provoking moments. I don’t consider it fantastic or a classic, but it was a good run. There is some fantastic art throughout the series.

And it hooked me enough to add Unkillable to my pull list …

3 Likes

I actually just started it a few days ago! Soon to finish, and so far, so good. What @KamAndi80 said. Fantastic art, and a good page turner. Not a classic, but I’d recommend it to fans of the darker/classic horror genre.

3 Likes

Well, these replies made me excited to read the series. I’ll definitely make sure to read them soon. Thanks for the opinions!

3 Likes

Finally read DCeased and the Good Day To Die one shot.
DAMN!! That series is so much fun. Heroes killing heroes. A knock on social media and technology. Characters breaking out of molds. I highly recommend it. I’m holding off on Unkillables until the second issue so I can read them back to back.

Spoiler

I loved how Green Arrow feels insulted because Batman didn’t have a contingency plan against him. Then he kills Aquaman and says f*** Batman. Hilarious.

3 Likes

Well said!

I thought it was A LOT of fun!

From collecting the covers to the absolute brutality I really enjoyed this serries!!! Especially the interaction between Wonder Woman and Cyborg!!!

3 Likes

If you’ve read other Tom Taylor books, this one’s just as good.

1 Like

As a fan of horror, I dug the bit of a different take that he took on the “deceased” aspect. Huge plus was that no specific hero was really off limits. The new villains series started off with a bang, I’m curious to see where this one goes, let alone who else might pop up that’s both alive and dead.

1 Like