Aquaman II what characters do you intro

Now that WB execs are Scrooge McDuck diving into Aquaman money it’s time to think about who should get introduced in Aquaman II. Peter David’s 90s run brings a lot of ocean based characters together around issues 20 25. So my must have list starts with Dolphin. She’s cool looking and mysterious, also would look for a place for the Sea Devils. Who do you have?

3 Likes

I got two words for ya folks:

KING. SHARK.

2 Likes

Aquaman’s own team, The Others.

1 Like

Th Fishermen should get the Mr.Freeze treatment where they remake him basically.

Dolphin would be ideal. Black Manta and Stephen Shin should be on deck for villains.

Truth definitely right. The Others should start getting a nod in AQ II.
Vroom, no doubt that Black Manta and Shin are in, but are they enough

1 Like

Truth definitely right. The Others should start getting a nod in AQ II.
Vroom, no doubt that Black Manta and Shin are in, but are they enough

1 Like

Black Manta is easily enough. Especially since we have a good idea on where his story is headed already.

1 Like

I’d also like to see the Others, but their backstory would have to be changed for the movie.

1 Like

Would love to see him face off against Black Manta. Maybe introduce Aqualad. Could also bring in King Shark or Triton.

3 Likes

And I definitely want to have a Mera and Aquaman wedding scene.

2 Likes

From Peter David’s run:
Poseidon with his rebellious son Triton!! That would have to be an amazing 2 part movie. (Since WW had Ares, no reason not to have Poseidon). Have Aquaman fight his way out of Hades underworld and get revenge on Triton!!
If you haven’t read it you’re cheating yourself.

Geoff Johns run:
They would do great to bring in the Dead King Atlan… Now that story on the big screen would also be phenomenal!! When I read that story my jaw dropped to the floor and I was shocked for a few days!! Amazing run!!

2 Likes

Aqualad

1 Like

Okay I’ll add one I don’t want. In David’s run Black Manta shows up as a half Manta half man thing. Not sure how he got that way, but not cool.

@bgrimm0461.71770

Geoff Johns run: They would do great to bring in the Dead King Atlan… Now that story on the big screen would also be phenomenal!! When I read that story my jaw dropped to the floor and I was shocked for a few days!! Amazing run!!

I really want to see this! Assuming a trilogy, I think a focus on Black Manta and a focus on Atlan would both be good movies and tie story threads to the first one for multiple characters.

Tusky the Walrus and Storm obviously.

In all seriousness I would love a quick background joke like that (similar to the Octopus during the arena scene), but I really want to see Garth get introduced finally. Garth and Dolphin would be great characters to introduce. They can just be Atlanteans with special abilities maybe. Any other new characters maybe I would say the Scavenger or the Fisherman as side villains just some pirates Aquaman has to deal with or whatever.

AT the end of the film we could see a wedding scene possibly? Or perhaps the wedding scene happens earlier and we end with the Birth of Aquababy! I get the feeling that with Manta as the main villain we will see Tom Curry and/or Atlanna die. The film could end with Arthur going on to forge his own family with Mera at the end of the film (like one of my favorite Aquaman panels ever, I attached it here drawn by Mr. Alex Ross!)

Maybe bring in Tula, Garth, and Kaldur. Aquaman trains the younger heroes. Teaches them what it means to be a hero.

2 Likes

I don’t know

Black Manta is going to be the obvious choice.

But, they could always bring in Aquabeast and have him challenge Aquaman for the throne and try to screw up relations with the surface world.

1 Like

I just got through reading Aquaman (2011). They could have Chymira?