Are 1:25 Covers Worth Collecting?

I’m a pretty new comics reader - about four years now - and I’ve stayed with main and variant covers so far but there’s a cover coming out for ‘The Multiverse Who Laughed’ that looks really cool. It’s a 1:25 cover which I’m told by my LCU can be quite a bit more than the normal comic. Is the price worth it in the sense of collecting? Do those often go up in value or is it really just something I’d be getting because I liked the art and would be lucky to get any return on my investment?

2 Likes

Some may increase depending on the artist/character first appearance/death or issue/overall arc popularity. It’s mostly a cash grab though and if you plan on selling one do it online and not to a shop. Take the 1:25’s for Batman-Their Dark Designs, they look very lackluster for the price (sorry if those are the ones you’re talking about). But who knows, bc it’s been a good story so far perhaps they will increase in value more than 10 bucks. If you just really like the art go for it, otherwise I’d look into the artist/featured character/story popularity before dropping 25-30’ish bucks on a comic. Also if you just really like the art maybe look into just getting a print to frame from that cover.

Here’s a link that pretty much has all the info you’re looking for and does a Much better job at breaking it all down for ya. :laughing: Covrprice

Happy hunting :+1:

2 Likes

Comic books are generally a bad investment if your interest is purely monetary value rather than entertainment value. The main factor that causes an increase in value is rarity. Low-print runs can be valuable. Out-of-print collected editions can get quite pricey. Gimmicky variants are usually too common to be valuable.

2 Likes