Arrow season 7 Spoiler Room

Arrow s7 is on Netflix now!

So my questions for discussion are

Do you like the Flash Forward Story or not?

Did you like The Prison Story?

Did Emiko work as a villain?

Did the deputizing of team Arrow work?

Did you like the three arc season? What was your favorite arc?

1. Prison
  2. SCPD vs. Vigilantes
  3. Emiko and the 9th Circle

Who was the season MVP?

Who had the best character arc?

Finally score the season out of 10!

1 Like

:sob: i just finished watching season 7. The end was so :sob::sob:, but also bitter sweet.

Overall, I struggled with the season: the villain, prison, flash forwards - I didn’t enjoy it as much as other seasons, but I liked that they showed how much personal growth Oliver has had with himself and with others.

The last episode really hit me in the feels!

The crisis is going to be epic.

1 Like

Enjoyed the FFs but Emiko as villain was just…lame

They never explained what happened to the Longbow Hunters. 9th Circle is still around. Are Dinah and Rene a couple? I wish that the “Chimera” or Star City Killer became the “big bad” instead of having minor roles. And, this is the worst season to me- even more so than four. Some of my thoughts on this season.

@abfgmsw I get it. This season wasn’t horrible from a binge perspective and never felt like a villain of the week series. But I didn’t like the flash forwards and I didn’t like the side stories a lot. The Longbow Hunters were hired help and will probably play a role in the final season of Arrow.

There were some parts to the flash forward that I liked. But, what sells me for future event shows is if they made it prophetic. While it is not explicably DC, one of my favorite super hero shows is Heroes. Watching future fears play out in the present with a little twist grabs my attention.

Do you like the Flash Forward Story or not?
I did, but I’m not sure it was worthy of the amount of time they devoted to it. That said, I’m always here for Connor Hawke.

Did you like The Prison Story?
Yes, and it was much better than the one they did on Flash. This could have been more of the season, and it felt like they only ended it when they did to free up Ollie for the crossover.

Did Emiko work as a villain?
Yes and no. On paper, she’s a late season Slade Wilson. I also love that it’s a twist on the comics where she starts out as an enemy and becomes Ollie’s sidekick (being much younger in the comics). But they waited much too long to reveal she was the Big Bad (and even longer to reveal it to Team Arrow) and they surrounded her with way too many storylines. Besides the Dante fake-out and the Ninth Circle there was the prison stuff, the Longbow Hunters, Diaz (still, for some reason), the Ghost Initiative/corruption inside ARGUS, the flash forwards AND Team Arrow working with the SCPD. There was no way Emiko was going to break through all of that to be another Adrian Chase level villain.

Did the deputizing of team Arrow work?
God no. I feel like it only happened so Stephen Amell could stop wearing a mask. The better story choice is for the anti-vigilante law (which is really redundant, since vigilantism is already illegal) to be repealed and/or for the police to adopt the same sort of relationship CCPD has with the Flash where they appreciate his help but don’t put him on the payroll. That said, as awful as that whole arc was I dug the documentary style episode and the second-to-last one where Roy came back, and both were pretty connected to the Team Arrow/SCPD thing.

Did you like the three arc season? What was your favorite arc?
As I said, I think it was too much. I would have kept Ollie in prison longer, maybe 13 episodes, then used the Emiko-is-the-Ninth-Circle for the back 9.

Who was the season MVP?
Emiko deserves this for killing Diaz. She did us all a huge favour.

Who had the best character arc?
Probably Not Laurel. Her becoming the District Attorney without actually going to law school aside, her relationship with Felicity and Dinah over the course of the season was pretty good.

Finally score the season out of 10!
I guess a 6. Started out strong with the prison story and the reveal of Emiko as the New Green Arrow, but the continued presence of Diaz and all the nonsense with the SCPD really dragged it down.

1 Like