ASK... THE QUESTION! Weekly Column Submission Thread

Clark once made world hunger way worse. It caused serious riots in Gotham. I had to give Clark and Wally serious lessons about it.

3 Likes

You two outta’ take this on the road. Make sure you wear masks, though!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Perhaps incrementally, but not exponentially. It would be the difference between a strong human and an average human. The sun is an increaser if strength, not a multiplier. Superman and Supergirl are shown to be just as strong as each other, for instance, despite her smaller frame.

5 Likes

Another question is, how would they bodybuild? Normal increase of muscle mass is associated with hyperthrophy. Can a kryptonian get that under a yellow sun? Kara seems impervious to it at least. Is Kal susceptible to it or is his muscle mass attributed to genetics?

It took a lack of sun for Kara to get buff.

tumblr_pixgujpN2O1r2zdt7o4_500

3 Likes

I was thinking use blue kryptonite and just do some farm chores or hit a gym.

5 Likes

Who is the least successful DC character to have had a solo title? Superman (with Batman as a close second) is generally considered the most successful and it got me thinking, who has sold the least issues? (To be clear, this is not counting “only 10 issues made for SDCC VIP members only” and the like).

4 Likes

Can a Speeder gain so much speed that they can shoot out of the atmosphere, into space?

3 Likes

Hello again HCQ! :wave: :sunglasses:

Hope that you have had another good week heading into another weekend. :smiley:

Did some digging around the multiverse again and came up with this inquiry for the week. :face_with_monocle:

While reading through The Death of Superman story, I happened to come across this panel in Adventures of Superman #500.

Excerpt From Adventures of Superman (1987-) #500

It was rather interesting seeing the announcer describe Metropolis as “The Big Apricot.” (No doubt because of The Daily Planet’s building structure). :sweat_smile:

Therefore, the inquiry is… Was this the first time Metropolis had been described as “The Big Apricot,” or is there any precedence set before this for this nickname? Is this still an apt title for Metropolis, or is there another nickname the city goes by nowadays? :thinking:

Many thanks again for the answers (and continued adding to my reading lists) with each edition! :superman_hv_3: :superman_hv_4:

Happy soon to be 75th edition as well! :tada: :partying_face: :tada:

6 Likes

I think Flash did that in Super Friends (it was an animation mistake).

4 Likes

Definitely some no name called “Wonder Woman.” I have never heard anybody mention her, because she is that obscure.

6 Likes

When did the Green Lantern Corps switch from 1 lantern per sector to two?

3 Likes

When I suggested it. They always listen to Batman.

4 Likes

Here’s an unusual one: what are these items in the Flash Museum in Justice League Unlimited?

3 Likes

How many of Batman’s sidekicks have replaces him?

2 Likes

Dick, Carrie, and Damian off the top of my head.

3 Likes

What comic is that from? The art looks familiar, but I can’t place it.

3 Likes

Heckler/Ambush Bug/etc. -weeps-

4 Likes

How many poozers has main man Kilowog shaped into lanterns?

3 Likes

DC Nuclear Winter Special

3 Likes