Batgirl (2011-) #26

Batgirl (2011-) #26

What an epic conclusion! Batgirl is fully confident in herself and her abilities again thanks to being tested by these villains. Batgirl was able to take them all down even though she struggled to take them on one on one previously. The character growth has been great to witness. Barbara does have more of a darkness now.

Of course James, Jr. isn’t dead. No body, no death. Heck, it’s comics! Even with a body, it still doesn’t mean someone has died. I wonder what Amanda Waller needed him for. The only thing I don’t like is that with Junior and Ricky both alive and well, there doesn’t seem to be any consequences for Barbara and Jim Gordon now. They both get off scot-free. Of course they still have to deal with the distrust between the two of them, but it is lessened because of the fact that both of their reasons for the distrust no longer really matters.

Barbara revealing herself to her father was such a suspenseful moment. Jim not turning and admitting that he didn’t want to know who the bats are was just so fitting. I would have wanted to see what would happen were Jim to know it was Babs under the cowl, but I totally understand why he wouldn’t want to know.

This whole epic story deserves a round of applause