Batgirl (2011-) #35

Batgirl (2011-) #35

Super good series

Annnd this is where Batgirl suddenly gets really boring and people including me stopped reading. Ever since they changed the quality of the series it just went downhill. Which doesn’t make sense because this series was one of DC’s best selling New 52 comic books before they changed it. The writing and stories from here on out are stupid and the artwork is terrible! Not to mention her new look is just awful compared to the other suit she started out with. What happened? Its like you took us from an iPhone to a flip up phone. Like we had the upgrade but you just forced us to downgrade and now we can’t adjust to the dramatic changes.

3 Likes

I’m liking the changes so far. Alysia was still present in this issue, but I’m not sure how much we will be seeing of her. I guess she didn’t take up Barbara on the offer to move with her. Dinah is back, but because of a seed planted in a previous issue, her life pretty much went up in flames. The art is nice. This book reminds me of something from BOOM Studios. This artist already draws faces way better than the last one. The supporting cast has more personality than the last one did. Ricky is gone with no mention of him whatsoever and I don’t mind it. Whatever happened with Obscura? No clue, but I also don’t mind that story being dropped. The new costume is drawn really nicely. I’m looking forward to this run. The only thing is it does feel like it’s missing a certain Bat element to it. Burnside might be a little too bright.

1 Like

Best Change ever! Killing joke was so off putting I couldn’t read Batgirl. This largely erases the victim nature of Babs past and creates and uplifting character.

1 Like

On the fence about this new thing. Honestly from what I’ve read so far, my favorite parts have been the references to Alysia, and Barbara’a shaky relationship with her dad. All stuff from the first 34 issues. We’ll see how this plays out though

I do like the thing they do where she remembers different things and the page goes blue though