Batgirl (2011-) #50

Batgirl (2011-) #50

What an incredible issue! The final battle against Fugue and all of the rogues introduced in this run. The team led by Batgirl and Operator take on the villains and their plan to end Burnside. What a satisfying conclusion. It parallels the Gail Simone run where all of Batgirl’s rogues come back for a big boss battle, but this is handled much more expertly, IMO. The female team Batgirl assembles is also much more fleshed out than the one that got slapped together last minute in Gail’s run. I also like how Batgirl dealt with the Fugue. Spoilers: In Identity Crisis, Zatanna did pretty much what Batgirl did. I like how they handled it here much better. I just don’t buy the concept of letting bad guys roam around with all of the knowledge that can put heroes and their loved ones in peril when you have the ability to wipe it from their minds. That’s my opinion on that.

1 Like

The one problem I had with this issue was the GCE company. That seemed like it came about too quickly. She went from being a student and writing a thesis, to opening an entire company. Luke helped off panel and so did her other friends, but I didn’t really care for that subplot.

1 Like