Batman forever is overlooked

Honestly I think y’all are trippin because Batman forever ain’t as bad as y’all say it is. It’s not dark knight but it’s still worth a second look. Am I the only one who thinks this?

3 Likes

So watching it as an adult, its pretty corny. But its highly entertaining and just pure dumb fun. And Val Kilmer is definitely an underrated Batman. I would have loved to see him in more serious Batman flicks. And honestly the movie kind of means a lot to me because there was SOOO much hype when it came out. And I remember my entire family and extended family went to the premiere. We had all gotten free tickets because my uncle actually built a made a Corvette a Batmobile for a wealthy fan who had connections to Warner Bros at the time. So the guy actually had a movie quality suit made from the molds of the Batman Returns suit and showed up to the Edwards Cinemas in the area. So even though I’m a bigger fan of the grittier Batflicks, Forever will always hold a special part in my memories.

3 Likes

I love Batman Forever! My favorite live action Batman movie from an entertainment perspective.

Val’s my favorite Batman from the Burton/Schumacher era, I love Two-Face, the Batmobile and Chase Meridian is my favorite female character from that era of Batflicks.

2 Likes

I love Batman Forever. Jim Carey was in his prime when that was out and I loved him in the riddler. I read somewhere, that one of the producers of the movie liked his portrayal in The Mask, so they wanted him to play a similar persona in this movie :blush:

2 Likes

Last month I started my first movie watch along with Batman Forever. I really enjoy watching it since it first came out to theater. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I wish it had been a touch more serious but at the time it was released in the mid-90s it was the closest we had to a live action translation of the comics. The Riddler and Harvey Two-Face could have been better but Kilmer and O’Donnell were more than solid as the Dynamic Duo and should be better appreciated for the work they put in while wearing the cape.

The last shot of the Bat and Robin running into the screen backlit by the Bat-signal is still one of the most hype-inducing scenes in movie history for me.

2 Likes

I love the movie. Two face could have (personality wise) been more like Two Face from TDK, but Jim C. Performance was amazing.

2 Likes

There are people who hate Batman Forever? Next you’ll be telling me there are people who hate fun! Anyway, I’ve always loved Batman Forever as much as Batman and Batman Returns.

2 Likes

@argman - I agree that Kilmer is probably the most underrated Batman. He was wonderful in Batman Forever and I also would have loved seeing him in a more serious Batman role.

@Misfit - I couldn’t believe it either! What’s not to love about them? I love them because they are so fun and kinda silly, in a good way.

2 Likes

Batman & Robin has a laundry list of issues but it too is a very fun movie. Maybe not in ways intended, but fun nonetheless.

I’m so happy other people like Val’s Batman. I love his regular batsuit too. It’s perfect.

2 Likes

I remember being 5 when it came out and I loved it. Batman and Robin was also amazing to me as a kid. They are a bit campy but it’s all in good fun! My kids love them just like I did which is cool

1 Like