Batman Returns Taken Off DC Universe

DC Universe is Removing their own content they promised Subscribers. Batman and Batman Returns are gone from the DC Universe Library. As much as I love TITANS I did not sign up just for the DC Universe Original Content I wanted all DC. I understand you guys couldn’t add everything at once due to licensing issues. But It’s not only Warner Bros who has control over this. at the beginning of Batman and Batman Returns it is said that it is based on DC Comic Characters. That means Warner Bros had to licence those characters in order to produce such a movie. It goes with all other content prior to DC Universe Service. So I’m pretty sure DC Universe is taking advantage of the paying costumers. This is not as much of a complaint as it is a suggestion. DC don’t take your own movies off your streaming site it just makes it harder to gain and retain customers.

2 Likes

It’ll be back next month along with 3 other Batman films from 1989-1997. :slight_smile:

What Reagan said…it’ll be back…just in time for the Christmas season too, since it’s a Christmas themed movie!

3 Likes

Reaganfan78 / JoshuaLapinBertone. What they have to do is leave them forever, if they put them at Christmas but then take them away … that’s crap. now they have also removed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

3 Likes

Why take the movies off the streaming service if people are actually watching them

1 Like

The main reason is licensing

2 Likes

They are just rotating the content so they have something to new to “feature” every month.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed that Batman: The Animated Series is down to only 2 seasons now, when there’s a total of 4 seasons.

Actually the compressed the first 3 season of BTAS into two seasons. The fourth season isn’t technically part of BTAS as it was re-branded as “The New Batman Adventures” and falls under its own banner. All the episodes of the original Batman before the art style overhaul is up there.

2 Likes

@rlm
I believe there are only 85 episodes in Batman Animated Series.

All of them are still here. A quick google search would have helped you.