Batman runs the JL because....

He’s only human. Why does he rule?

1 Like

You try telling Batman he isn’t in charge. No one can plan like bats he has and ab and c strike plan for any situation

3 Likes

In my opinion one important thing that makes a leader is they just take charge and doesn’t wait for anyone to tell them what to do and I think that’s just what Batman did I think I just took charge and that his plans are so dope no one argued with it

2 Likes

I never liked the fact that he is the leader. It should be WW or Martian manhunter

I echo the sentiment for leadership from Diana and J’onn. Superman is a natural choice for leader too.

3 Likes

He puts the others in the best places to be most useful. The JL might as well be extensions of his utility belt. Strategy and genius are my short answers.

3 Likes

Well, in the Silver Age, when Batman and Superman has team ups, there was no desire for one being better than the other. In one comic, batman wanted Superman to be leader and vice versa, but then a third hero was introduced and they both decided this third being should be leader (and I believe it ended up being Superman in disguise, but when Superman and Batman switched abilities).

They have also done fun matches for charity, and in one instance, Batman was winning by a point, but then Lois Lane told the scorekeepers something Superman did and it ended with a tie.

The bottom line is in the Silver Age, the emphasis was on harmony, equality, and fun. Now, anyone who argues with Batman looks like a fool and that is getting rather annoying.

No one is perfect, and it would be nice to see him lose his intelligence because realistically, nothing lasts forever.

1 Like

Great answeres! I agree that a real leader just takes the reigns. No asking. Its kinda already known.

Ben Affleck “I’m rich”

1 Like

I don’t agree that a real leader just takes the reign. If anything, I view that as narcissistic because that person believes (s)he has better thoughts than everybody else and decides to act on it.

A real leader, to me, reluctantly accepts the difficulty of being in charge of people and would prefer to step down the first instance someone more qualified appears. George Washington was like this, and if he didn’t accept, we would not have our independence.

1 Like

I like that.

As a sports captain… you just take it. Prove yourself on the pitch/field…

And you do, take the reigns… I understand what you said though.

What do you mean by you just take the reigns?

Just take charge when nobody else steps up. Not being a bully, but when everyone looks at you, you just know.

1 Like

Hope that makes sense.

That does make sense. In the first issue of Batman from the New 52, he mentions that he hates being Batman, but does it because no one else will. I would have preferred to see that Batman in the animated shows instead of one that tries to be right all the time.

2 Likes

Officially, I don’t think anybody is in charge of the League. I think most the League knows Batman is a master strategist and knows how to best use the team to get a job done. He is focused on getting a result.

5 Likes

Exactly what I said. Everyone looks at the leader. Automatic almost. Everyone knows the leader of the pack before the leader does.

1 Like

It would be nice to go back to the Silver Age where the leader rotated once a month or so.

1 Like