Batman TAS or The Batman 2004

The Batman. That Season 4 intro was pretty rad

2 Likes

My first ever experience to Batman was the BTAS episodes Zatanna and Harley and Ivy. After that I was hooked and found comics. It was life defining for me

3 Likes

Batman The animated series was better because it literally changed the course of superhero cartoons from kids show to the realm of almost adult animation and was a groundbreaker. Batman the animated series was the first show to feature real guns firing bullets, as odd as this sounds the use the color of black, batman actually hitting someone without a Pow or bang cartoon blip, and had a darker more mature viewpoint well still being enjoyable for kids and was the truest adaptation of the in the comics batman really till the animated film Batman Year One.
it made Mark Hamill the voice of the Joker for 28 years Luke skywalker is also the voice of one of the most enduring and deadly villains of all time. it changed Mr. freeze from an Icicle clone to the tragic figure he is today, it also gave us Harly Quin. it also is still going strong as of 2019 with Justice Leauge Vs the fatal five. it ran for 85 episodes in 2 seasons or by air date 4 seasons, however as it was continued later on you can plus another 24 with the new adventures of batman, plus 52 more in Batman Beyond, plus add on the 52 episodes for Justice league, plus the 39 episodes of Justice Leauge Unilited gives you a total of 252 episodes of a combined chronology known as the DCAU.

the batman well good with cool glowy tech, it did not really reach the same level as B: TAS. well, it ran for 5 seasons it only had 65 episodes.

All and all Batman The animated series is The action comics number 1 of the superhero cartoon. well, superman came first in the comics when it comes to the cartoon really there is before batman TAS (super friends) and after Batman TAS.

3 Likes

PS: well batman the animated series is really the best batman cartoon series and pave the way for the DCAMU. however i dare to say the adaptation of batman: year one and the dark knight renters are the closest adaptions of the comics.

2 Likes

Cool opinion

All the 60s Filmation Animated shows were great though

2 Likes

TAS. It’s not even a contest.

Nothing against The Batman. It’s a perfectly fine show. You can be a good pitcher without being Nolan Ryan.

Because TAS… is Nolan Ryan.

4 Likes

I first saw the 60s Batman cartoons a few years after CBS stopped airing the 70s version and whatever channel I had been watching Batman ‘66 had taken it off their schedule. My first impression was…”Wow! They’re actually throwing punches!

2 Likes

definitely TAS, I could not get into the batman. Sure it had some good episode like the zombie episode, but I’d take heart of ice over the batman

2 Likes

I feel like people overlook the problems of Batman TAS. People mention masterpieces like Heart of Ice and Almost Got Im’ but overlook the stinkers like I’ve got Batman in My Basement, Prophecy of Doom, The Terrible Trio, and so on. Sure, TAS has more masterpieces than stinkers and if you were to compile the best episodes than it would be better but I feel The Batman is more consistent as a series overall.

Whenever I watch an episode of TAS I felt like I watched an hour and 20 minute movie because the pacing makes it feel that way (e.g. establishing shots of the GCPD building, scenes with business and crime deals, etc.) and when I watch an episode of The Batman it feels like I just watched an action packed and fast paced episode of a TV Show. I just prefer the action TV show vibe more than the realistic crime drama vibe TAS has.

The Batman had better animation. TAS was so inconsistent and it threw me off a few episodes. The Terrible Trio for example. It was well animated but the characters always looked so off-model. Throughout the series sometimes Batman’s chest emblem would be huge and other times it would be small. Sometimes it becomes so small the cowl completely covers it.

The Batman is way better in animation and fight scenes and it gets my heart pumping. TNBA was such an improvement over TAS, more consistent animation and better animation.

In summary, the best of TAS is better than The Batman but I believe The Batman is a more consistent show. They have different vibes and it’s up to preference. I can’t choose but I think favor The Batman just a little more.

3 Likes

Even though it was alot to read, Im 100% with that

1 Like

Excellent points, well stated. :+1:

3 Likes

Batman the animated series is one of the greatest children’s cartoons ever created. It’s influence is still felt today, because the animation, voice acting, and writing were top notch. 25 years later it still holds up so well. Conversely, I never could get into The Batman. I didn’t like the animation style at all, although that was because I grew up on Batman the animated series. When I finally did sit down and try to watch it I found the writing to be lower quality than I was used to. I am admittedly biased, but I found Beware the Batman grew on me where that show never did.

1 Like

TAS for me.
It ticks all the right boxes.

TAS. Sadly I could never get into the Batman.

The Batman 2004, couldn’t get into TAS. Besides, everyone knows the Batman from Super Friends is the one true Batman!

1 Like