Batman: Year 100 (2006-) #4

Batman: Year 100 (2006-) #4

It’s a good read. Very intriguing from the first issue. My biggest problem, however, is that it doesn’t answer much of anything. Is this actually the same Bruce Wayne? If so, is he immortal? What happened to his fortune? What’s happened to the previous Robins? What happened to all the superheroes? Why were those federal police dressed like rugby players? This would all be fine if this was a story that couldn’t have just taken place in any other issue of Batman. But it was. In the end it just feels like a weird issue of Batman rather than something really different. Again, it’s a fun read though.

They definitely show that he is Bruce Wayne. As for the money, they reference Dark Knight Returns in which he “dies” and loses all of his money in the process since Bruce is gone. As for the Robins I’m not sure, but normally the robins are even more normal than Bruce and they’re not relevent to the story. The only thing left unanswered is how he is so old, but I kinda like that mystery.

This book is fantastic

1 Like

The password is BRUCE WAYNE. Mystery solved!

Pretty good read overall, but a few too many unanswered questions for my liking. If this Bruce has been active since 1939, how is he still kicking even though he’s over 100 years old? What happened to all the other superheroes, namely all the other Robins? Aside from those nitpicks, it’s a good read. Feels like a well-crafted spiritual sequel to The Dark Knight Returns

1 Like