Before sleep read

I take my pills at 1:00 am. I’m usually sleeping 2:15.
Instead of watching the same show every night at this hour I will now read before the pills put me away.
Tonight will be Action 403 and 404.

6 Likes

Holy Cow, @dogwelder9! Action comics #403, “Attack of the Micro-Murderer” by Bates, Swan, and Anderson is one of my all-time favorite Superman stories! That incredibly beautiful two page splash by “Swanderson”–where Supes is too late to save a life–is worth the price of admission. Enjoy your reading pleasure tonight!

5 Likes

Both issues brought back such great memories as I hadn’t read them in years. And classic back up stories with The Atom, Superboy, Aquaman, and the Vigilante. It’s good that someone here remembers these classic stories.

5 Likes

Pretty cool

3 Likes

@dogwelder9: I remember them and I treasure them.

4 Likes

Tonites bed time story…History of the DC Universe books 1 and 2 1986.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I didn’t know Superfriends had their own comic book, that’s cool! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is a really cool thread. I do the same thing after I take my pills, I try to read 2-3 issues a night. While I’m doing Spider-man right now, I have old Detective Comics queued up so that I can enjoy a story without having to read a 10 book story arc.

3 Likes

Secret Origins 10-14.
And I will definitely not read the Power Girl story.

4 Likes

4 Likes

As the pills take me to sleep…

2 Likes

Gonna pass out reading this classic Fireside Mystery In Space collection.

4 Likes

The Superfriends comic is actually surprisingly good. It has that old school cheesy charm without the awful pace and animation of the TV show.

1 Like

1 Like

Before I retire for the night, I like to read something that brings me back to “those thrilling days of yesteryear”. Something that evokes stickball, wiffle ball, touch football, Zagnut candy bars, White Castle hamburgers, home made Italian ices, The Beatles and The Stones playing on a transistor radio. What triggers all those wonderful memories? How about a Silver Age DC comic book?

3 Likes

You forgot playing Skully, stoop ball, Johnny on the pony, and the candy truck that came by every night in the good weather.

@baseballmaniac01.45870…are you from New York?

1 Like

Yes @dogwelder9, I am from New York–East New York, Brooklyn to be precise. And how could I forget to mention Skully and stoopball? Melting the wax to fill in the Coke bottle tops was the best part of the game. And my stoop on Linwood Street, with its ten high brick steps, yielded many a “pointer”. It was the best stoop on the block. It was also a meeting place to read comics on a steamy Brooklyn summer day.

1 Like