Best of DC Mothers?

Most of you (hopefully) know that Mother’s Day is coming up! So in celebration I figured we could recognize some of the great and not so great mothers of DC characters. The only criteria is that they have to have a child. Could be an adopted child, could even be a god child, but they have to be a mom.

5 Likes

Best Moms:
Martha Kent
Iris West-Allen
Mera

Worst Moms:
Granny Goodness (yeah I count her she’s technically the “mom” of the furries)
Hippolyta (I mean she literally banished her daughter from her home)
Talia Al Ghul (I mean… she technically raped Bruce)

2 Likes

Best: Hippolyta She literally raised a goddess or demi-goddess. Can you imagine having a kid with that kind of power in “the terrible twos” stage.

Worst: Tigress She had TWO kids with Sportsmaster and did a lousy job. Cheshire followed in the family footsteps and Artimis rebelled and fell in with GA. They both ran away from.

3 Likes

Bumping this topic up for Mother’s Day. Hopefully get more responses and conversations :blush:

1 Like

I gotta go with Martha Kent. Every version of her just gives me the warm-n-fuzzies :blush:

4 Likes

Alfred Pennyworth has to play the mother and father figure. If I have to choose an actual mother, I’ll say Martha Kent probably.

3 Likes

DC Daily had an amusing segment on this. One person said Rosa Vasquez (from Shazam!) For a good mom, which I thought was an awesome choice. Martha Kent is an obvious contender for best mom. Linda Park West should be added to the list too.

For less than stellar moms, I’d definitely count Granny Goodness. Talia. Pretty much all of Jason Todd’s mother figures (Catherine, Shiela, Ma Gunn).

4 Likes

Martha Kent is the best DC mom. The worst is definitely hippoylta. After Steve Trevor died, Hippolyta resurrected him and magically made him attack Paradise Island and the Amazons on it. She wanted to make sure that Diana was still loyal to her own people.

2 Likes

Barbara Gordon, who took Cassandra Cain off the streets during No Man’s Land and taught her to be more than a weapon — to be a person.

6 Likes

Dinah Lance. Raised her kid right to become a good woman who cared about others.

1 Like

Barbara Gordon is definitely a good one especially since she was practically a second mom to Stephanie Brown from mentoring her when she was Batgirl.

2 Likes

Lois has a very kind and respectful kid.

1 Like

Motherbox

2 Likes

I’ll go motherbox FTW! Good thought. Wish I had it first.

2 Likes

MARTHAAAA!!!

1 Like

Why did you say that NAME?

Lol Motherbox XD

OA for best mom lol. I mean she gave birth to all those lanterns lol :joy: