Bill Maher

Has anybody else heard or seen these comments Bill Maher has been making about comic book fans? I say we grab our pitch forks and torches and we go after this dude!

4 Likes

Ignorance should not be attacked by a mob, but educated. Maybe put the pitchforks away and send him a copy of your favorite comic.

3 Likes

But I just shined up my pitchfork, it’s all clean and shiney

4 Likes

Hear hear!

I am both a fan of Bill Maher and a adult fan of reading comic books. I cringed at his last words in his conclusion last night knowing more comic book sweaties were going to be butt-hurt. Bill is not about to start reading comic books and that’s okay

2 Likes

So he has a dumb ass opinion about comic. Who cares!!!

I like him at times but his opinion, especially on this, has 0 value to me. :joy:

Just background noise for me.

7 Likes

He is no stranger to controversy, but in my opinion he does way more good than bad. I love his show and I have paid tickets to see his stand-up. He doesn’t believe comic books are great literature, there is an argument there to be made on both sides. What matters is what you believe and like not what is necessarily popular

4 Likes

All I’m saying is maybe the guy who gets paid to whine moan like a 5 year old on TV should think twice about who calls childish. Say what you want to about Jesus but leave Stan Lee’s name out ya mouth.
And also I get it the guy hasn’t been relevant in years and he will say anything to get attention so me being angry just plays into what he wants. But the dudes evil. He makes Thanos look like a humanitarian, a least The Mad Titan had a good reason to do what he did lol

1 Like

One good comic book will give me more entertainment than all of the shows Bill Maher has done in his career

3 Likes

Send him Watchmen, then maybe he will get it

4 Likes

Its really not about his opinion though he can believe whatever he wants, free will and freedom of expression are beautiful things but using a man death to try to spark “controversy” and get ratings and attention is just despicable

2 Likes

It’s definitely in bad taste and his view is myopic and as childish as he accuses comic book readers of being. The notion that adults are one specific thing that he defines is an incredibly “childish” approach to criticism. He has spent his life being a comedian, a profession that itself is accused of being childish, and he has hung to comedy as a way to express his “adult” political views, which is totally valid. But is, perhaps, not the most adult or, what he really means, serious way to do it. In his argument, he cherry-picked his Bible quote to support his argument, but the Bible also says, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” While I’m not in the habit of using the Bible as a guide, I think there is room for childishness in adulthood, whatever those terms mean.

1 Like

A sense of childlike wonder is not childish.

3 Likes

He keeps making them because they keep getting him press, I say we pretend he doesn’t matter… because he doesn’t… and don’t react. He will move on to something else soon after that. People who would use someones death to get them “aren’t I controversial and edgy” attention doesn’t deserve to be reacted to.

1 Like

@bneyed Could not have said it better my friend. The worst part or maybe the best part depending on how you view it is all us comic book fans are good people. Most of these comments are people essentially saying not to be angry and turn the other cheek so to say. Hes going to get away with what he’s saying because no comic book fan would stoop to his level of narcissism.

1 Like

The fact of the matter is, major tent pole studio movies are made based on these characters and comic book arcs. You can see what scenes have been cheery picked by writers and artist from any given projects source material you are familiar with in the comics. This very app for Pete’s sake wouldn’t exist without those beautiful comics

2 Likes

Excuse me, I meant cheery picked from writers and artist in comics

1 Like

@IsaacBrown you said cheery picked again, but I like it.

1 Like

*cherry

Back on the tracks

2 Likes

Honestly if you care about what Bill Maher thinks you’re wasting your time. His job is to stir the pot and make controversy.

7 Likes

The problem with Bill Maher commenting on this is who the hell is he to be commenting on anything? What the hell has he done with his life! He hates women, he hates kids, he hates comic book fans, he loves pot, and apparently he likes getting it on with Ann Coulter. And let’s face it, he’s not even a good comedian and that should be his legacy, but really, he sucks at it. Think about it, think of any Bill Maher joke he said a year ago, a month ago, even a week ago. You can’t do it because his comedy is very disposable. Comedians like George Carlin and Jerry Seinfeld, you can instantly think of classic comedy from them. But with Bill Maher, he’s got nothing. And you know when a comedian like Maher has to laugh at his own jokes, that tells you the comedian really sucks. It’s like his jokes need its own laugh track so that the audience knows when to laugh. And Bill Maher incessantly laughs at his own jokes. Really he should just stick to what he knows like smoking pot. And at what age did Bill Maher start smoking pot, 11, 12? Talk about somebody who needs to be putting away childish things and start doing something useful!

BTW, DC and HBO are both owned by the same company, but something tells me the crew at DC Daily won’t even dare touch this subject,but I wish they would.

2 Likes