Birds Of Prey

I just started watching Birds Of Prey, I remember when it first air on WB network. The show was really ahead of it’s time, it’s a shame that it lasted for 13 episodes. Did you know that Clayface made a first live action appearance in the series? I think he’s in the final episode. :slightly_smiling_face: What you guys think of the series?

1 Like

Lol, B.o.P to me was one of those Guilty Pleasure shows…

1 Like

My favorite characters were Alfred and Oracle. I liked Harley too.

2 Likes

Lori Loughlin was on this show too.

1 Like

Cancelled by politics. The CW would have run it 8 years.

1 Like

@misfitH I’m curious as to what politics you think factored in? I’m more one to believe that it just tanked in ratings… What grand conspiracy do you think was a foot here?

1 Like

Yeah I never heard of it being cancelled by polotics. Maybe they mean backstage politics or something, but I have no idea what that is about.

1 Like

Love it. Dina Meyer is a heavenly Batgirl!

3 Likes

I meant network politics. The ratings collapsed somewhat, yes, but it was the WB. Part of that drop was a supposed lack of male viewers-- which was a stated goal of the WB’s in this case-- Smallville was its highest rated show, but occasionally lacked in what were some key demographics, including men. The WB wanted the show ‘sexed up’ to a ridiculous degree to bring in more male viewers-- and the producers disagreed, thinking they were somewhat safe due to being the mini network’s third highest rated show, and fairly equal to Smallville in a lot of, non-Nielsen demographics. This proved wrong. Also, at the start of the series, the producers of the show were allowed to adapt a wide range of DC related and Batman-related characters-- but by the time of the cancelation, this had been over-ruled and horribly minimalized by edict of Warner’s film division.

3 Likes

I really like it. It was one of the first shows I binged when DC Universe launched. The Batgirl costume on this show is incredible. I also like the inclusion of Helena Wayne. It’s kind of sad they pretty much erased her from comics and made it all about Damian.

2 Likes

Nu52, the Batgirl costume is pretty much the same one Alicia Silverstone wore in Batman and Robin, just colored properly.

The standout of the series was by far Dina Meyer as Barbara Gordon/Oracle. The original theme song for it was good to. Unfortunately licensing issued caused them to change it on the DVD/streaming replays. Beyond that, it wasn’t much to brag about.

1 Like