📺BYOM Watch-Along📺 WONDER WOMAN Sunday July 28, 6:30pm PT/9:30pmET

Greetings DCU! This is a BRING YOUR OWN MOVIE (BYOM) WATCH-ALONG :dvd::vhs::film_strip: :cinema: :popcorn:

WONDER WOMAN is NOT currently offered through DCU. To participate in this event, you MUST have access to a commercial-free copy of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, borrow a friend’s, rent it for a night, etc.).

======================
WHO: YOU (and beautiful moving story-telling paintings, the Amazons, Ares, Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Chief, Charlie, Sameer, Dr. Maru, a baby, …)

WHAT: Wonder Woman (2017)

WHEN: Sunday, July 28st, 6:30pm PT / 7:30pm MT / 8:30pm CT / 9:30pm ET

HOW: On two devices - one for watching the movie and the other (phone, tablet, etc.) for commenting in this thread as we watch the movie. A few minutes before showtime, set the time code on your copy of the movie to 0:00 and click the PAUSE button. Then, precisely at 6:30:00 pm PT/8:30pmCT/9:30pm ET, we will all click the PLAY :arrow_forward: button.

WHY: Because it’s Wonder Woman, the amazon fight scene on the beach is perfection :bow_and_arrow:, and No Man’s Land is a powerful scene that never gets old :boom:.

:white_check_mark: If you arrive after the start time, you can catch up! For example, we start at 6:30 PT, if you arrive at 6:45 PT, we are 15 minutes into the movie - you can fast forward 15 minutes to catch up. Hooray!
I hope to see you there!

4 Likes

awesome sauces, wont miss this one!

2 Likes

Yay! I’ll probably spontaneously cry multiple times during this movie, just like I do every time I watch it.

4 Likes

Yes I always shed a tear when Hades gets defeated along with the General Erich Ludendorff.

2 Likes

Wonder Woman Wunday rides again!

2 Likes

Wonder Woman Wunday indeed!

In FOUR days, we travel to Themyscira :luggage:.

1 Like

I cried like a baby during that No Man’s scene. Best film of 2017!

2 Likes

I loved the stories about how people found it so empowering. My favorite was a little old lady at one screening who yelled “F*** YEAH!!!” when Wonder Woman lifts the tank.

2 Likes

would love to join, thanks for putting it on

that bell tower battle, though, gets me every time

2 Likes

I couldn’t stop reading the stories from people after this movie. Some of my favorites were about kids using their recess to play “Amazons” and a kid that said she wanted to learn hundreds of languages like the Amazons. The biggest inspiration for me was how the movie was shot. It appreciates womens’ beauty, while not objectifying them. Yay Patty Jenkins! She’s a WW too.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @manifest!

1 Like

WALBangers!

Wonder Woman WAL in 2 days - hurray!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll make it to this BUT YOU SHOULD

YES, YOU

2 Likes

9 HOURS

2 Likes

Whoohoo! Today’s the day!

3 Likes

What todays the day? I can’t wait to be apart of the Justice League!

3 Likes

A little over 3 hours to go!

I’m stoked to see the No Man’s Land scene

1 Like

Oooo! Been meaning to rewatch this one as well.

2 Likes

so ready!

1 Like

Yay! Glad to have all of you. Less than an hour to go :slight_smile:

1 Like