Can we cancel Stargirl to bring back Swamp Thing and should we worry about Doom Patrol

Would there be any possibilty due to fans to continue swamp thing and cancel Stargirl or postpone it. Also they haven’t greenlit season 2 of Doom Patrol should we be worried already ?

10 Likes

I am looking forward to Stargirl which for all we know is an even better show since it hasn’t come out yet. So no, I don’t like that idea.

13 Likes

No, no, Stargirl is my favorite JSAer, no cancel, please!

5 Likes

I am look forward to Star Girl as well

I don’t want shows cancelled.

I just would like to see Swamp Thing continue

8 Likes

Yeah Star Girl and the JSA have a special place in my heart why would people call for it to be canceled. we haven’t even seen a trailer yet! Also Geoff Johns is the the man I’m sure it will be fantastic.

5 Likes

They are separate production units…with contracts.

Stargirl is already in production and shooting.

Ok…a second season of Swamp Thing ain’t coming anytime soon. Some people are upset. Others ain’t. I’d much rather have Stargirl than Swamp Thing.

Who would want to work for WB if they cancelled contracts to appease a fan base that was never going to cover the costs of the show anyway?

Can Swamp Thing supporters just take a breath and see what you are saying and asking for? Please.

Let WB bring back Swamp Thing when it makes financial sense. When they can continue to do it properly. Isn’t that what Swamp Thing fans REALLY want. Not just a show, but a show that does it justice?

7 Likes

I’m excited about Stargirl.

8 Likes

Why cancel a whole other, completely unrelated show that many people are equally excited for?

9 Likes

To the OP: No, No, and No.

People need to take a step back and think before they let their fingers do the talking because this entire situation is getting beyond ridiculous.

6 Likes

That’s crazy talk, cancel Star Girl? It’s going to be the best show, better than Swamp Thing, mark my words, lol.

3 Likes

Instead of 2nd season which may sound too expensive, why not tv movie? This could be the perfect opportunity to do that.

2 Likes

I would just let it go. Shows get cancelled all the time. It’s not that big of a deal. Sure, Swamp Thing is great, but if that says anything, it says that anything DCU creates is going to be great. I’m excited for Young Justice Season 3 pt 2, Harley Quinn and Stargirl, and more optimistic about Titans season 2 after watching Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. Anything that comes after that is being produced in lieu of Swamp Thing, so you know it has to be good. Really excited to see what’s to come in the future.

7 Likes

^ Stop peddling BS.

2 Likes

@policeradios
It wasn’t cancelled because of NC, and DC never said it was. That was a lie told to us by numerous sites that jumped to conclusions before looking at facts. Most of them retracted their statements

What evidence do you have that the show didn’t cost 80 million dollars? They literally built a giant swamp to do filming in. They hired a big budget horror director in James Wan. The actors aren’t huge actors, but they aren’t by any means low budget actors. The mix of practical and special effects also most certainly contributed to the budget.

Finally, do you have any evidence that Stargirl won’t be produced? I’d like to hear some legitimate reasons.

3 Likes

Seeing a great show that you love get cancelled is hard (Firefly, anyone?), but I say it’s better to see a show end early and leave you wanting more than for it to hang around longer than it can be sustained creatively.

And who knows, maybe you’ll like Star Girl just as much or even more

2 Likes

Digital effects are now a lot cheaper than practical effects. Quality practical effects are money. Sets are expensive to build and maintain. There is a reason why things are done with so much practical effects and location shootings rather than building massive elaborate sets, it’s cheaper.

1 Like

@policeradios.68866 Please refrain from posting rumors or speculation as fact. We’ve removed these comments and will continue to do so.

9 Likes

Well, some people want to see Stargirl too, so I say no.

7 Likes

Hell to the no.

I want Stargirl (and the JSA) waaaaay more.

6 Likes

No. No to all of that.

5 Likes