Can we expect a live action static shock

Is it possible to get a live action Static Shock similar to what’s being done with titans and doom patrol? I think his world is built for what they are doing here.

9 Likes

I’d watch it!

2 Likes

So would I.

1 Like

Oh, my childhood memories. That’d be a blast to see :slight_smile: I don’t have any news to share with regard to expecting the possibility of such a show, but we thank you for expressing your interest, @mcmichael_jr926.79221!

2 Likes

No news here either, but dang I’d love to see it! I’m sure it would be… shocking.

2 Likes

From what I understand the rights around Static are kind of a labyrinth right now, so while I wouldn’t say it will never happen, I’d certainly be surprised.

5 Likes

I thought that black lightning was or is static shock grown up. Maybe not

I would love to see another animated series directed at kids. This show meant a lot to me and I think it’s premise could be helpful to a lot of kids today too. The way it dealt with serious issues without making me feel preached to or babies still sticks with me.

2 Likes

No dude. BL is Jefferson pierce and SS is Virgil Hawkins. Black lightning is his mentor in a lot of storylines.

1 Like

Like @HubCityQuestion said, there’s a lot of legal disputes going on with the whole Milestone universe in general that makes that probably way harder to do. I also wonder if maybe Black Lightning being on TV might make that less likely.

I think if he were set to appear anywhere it would be on Black Lightning on the CW…that is if that show would remember that it’s actually a superhero show >_>

1 Like

There are some Static Shock appearances on Young Justice Outsiders, but I don’t know who owns what. Static is most definitely Denys Cowan and Dwayne McDuffie ip, but Static Shock is DC.

Or at least a remake of this series cause he was already in the young justice league

I’d love it.

1 Like