Checkmate (2006-) #16

Checkmate (2006-) #16

I never thought about it, but it makes absolute sense why Sasha would be attracted to Michael Holt and he to her. The fact that he is the only person her eye can’t see allows her to feel human again. When she’s with him, Sasha doesn’t have the constant reminder of what Brother Eye did to her. Too bad for her she’ll now be reminded of what Chang Tzu did to her because of that member of the Great Ten joining Checkmate. I wish Sasha would have done more than just punch him. Another relationship this issue tackles is the one between Fire and Ice. Fire really needed to hear those words from Ice.

1 Like

Great issue. Suprisingly touching and romantic. I thought Sasha and Terrific’s meet-cute was a nice call back to Terrific being used to help in the assault on Brothe Eye in Infinite Crisis. I think the twist with August General now working for Checkmate was compelling one. It’s an example of why I love this series. It’s not just a superhero team with like minded people with the same goal. It’s a global organization, chances are you going have to work with people you disagree with are hate i.e Waller and Vertigo.

1 Like