Comic Book Collections

Does anyone have an very extensive comic book collections they would like to humbly brag about?

4 Likes

Seems we are a rare breed and im verry new to the hobby. :laughing: I have a few new DC comics im especialy proud of. My wife is interested in collecting Batman 50 virgin covers/ variants/ signatures. she just scooped up a Catwoman in gown virgin cover.

7 Likes

8 Likes

That looks awesome I have a decent amount from various timelines but no specific special ones, I mostly created a collection by just wanting to read them.

6 Likes

we usually just read on here or mu. we do buy and read graphic novels. but for comics we buy specific copy’s or blind box to hunt tresure. :grinning:

6 Likes

I typically read the graphic novels that are collection of comics do you have any recommendations?

5 Likes

Well I have been collecting for 45 years so I think I qualify. using the free time to try to organize it just a little better. the fun part is finding cool books I forgot about.

10 Likes

Mine is kind of a mess right now too, I think I may organize it too, how large is it?

4 Likes

honestly I couldn’t even tell you at this point. I stopped counting at 9000 and that was a couple of years ago. most of my time is now collecting original artwork which I have around 400 pages.

8 Likes

That’s pretty impressive!

4 Likes

I just took these photos to post on another thread a couple days ago. I built this a couple years ago. You can actually buy cabinets like this with drawers that are stackable. Mine are a little more heavy duty and I built them to fit in that closet. By no means do I have my own pedigree here but I do have some really cool silver age comics. I’ll probably post some pics of the stuff I think is really interesting.

Btw I don’t usually see people post images of older comics or toys on dcu. I’m not sure why. I’m not saying it means anything just an observation. Or maybe a question why? I love seeing what other people have in their “vintage” collection.

11 Likes

I have my little slice of comic book heaven! I need more board and bags Plus a new long box image|375x500

8 Likes

8 Likes

That’s amazing do you ever want to display it?

3 Likes

Mine looks like that minus the pops, respect!

5 Likes

I do too none of mine are really vintage but I’m interested.

4 Likes

I really like that file cabinet / drawer / shelves.

I need something like this for the books at the house.

7 Likes

I don’t have a lot of older DC Comics but I have this one thing that’s pretty cool. It’s a lower grade run of justice league 1-34 plus brave and the bold 29. I’m on the scout for a 28 but I can’t spend a mortgage payment on a comic book right now :confused:. I’ll pick up a 30 at some point too

The 7 and the 13 are in tatters. The 1 is vg ish. Most of them are in the G-VG range.

11 Likes

I’m open for business!

3 Likes

@Cadsecretnerd Here’s a link to I thread I created on Treasury Editions I got back in the 1970s. Check it out.

3 Likes