Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread

I have absolutely no news on that. Keep an eye peeled when we get closer to the launch of DCUi for more info on what’s arriving on the service.

4 Likes

Alright

Sorry, here’s another one, but can u add the Millennium limited series? I think it’s 8 issues. I’m currently reading Ostrander’s Suicide Squad and issue #9 ties into the Millennium event.

3 Likes

All good, @mikeman1090, got you added! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Does anyone know when they’re going to release The Spectre 1987 #29? They were releasing issues at a pretty good clip, then they stopped right before the last part of Ghosts In The Machines.

3 Likes

Guessing once Infinite launches in January.

Ugh! OK, thanks.

1 Like

Why the wait?

1 Like

Speculation. I would guess to focus on a smooth transfer and launch. Maybe doing a huge dump of recent and classic stuff.

I don’t think anything about the comics is supposed to change

I’m pretty sure the library is supposed to be expanding by about 4,000 books or so. Now, some chunk of that will simply be adding six months of books since they’re shortening the window between release date and availability here. But, I would think a large portion would have to be catalogue titles.

If I were the powers that be here, I would do everything in my power to get every issue of all of the Big Seven’s main series on here by the new “launch” day. Action, Adventures of Superman, Superman, Man of Steel, Batman, Detective, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern–every single issue of their title series. At some point the gaps in each of their “flagship” titles tends to become embarrasing.

1 Like

Some are missing intentionally

2 Likes

I need World’s Finest 262 for part 2 of the Green Arrow/Black Canary story please.

1 Like

You’re very welcome, @mikeman1090! And thanks for the feedback and sharing of perspectives on the future of comic availability, everyone :slight_smile:

We don’t have an ETA on your title request or any others outside of what we share in our monthly Coming Soon & Last Chance threads in the Watchtower section, @james.007, but I’ll add the latest requests to our list to make the team aware of your interest! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you MissInkBlot, :sunglasses::vulcan_salute:t3:

The original Shade miniseries should be added:

The Shade (1997) #1-4

It is a part of James Robinson’s critically acclaimed Starman run, which is already on the service and is necessary reading for anyone who wants to read the Shade (2011) series.

3 Likes

Where did you get the 4,000 estimates from? Just wondering because I haven’t heard anyone guess the number of new books we’ll see added to DCUI.

I would love to see all issues of…
1.Weird War Tales
2.Sgt.Rock & Our Army at War
3.Unknown Soldier
4. The Vertigo comics.
5. Rest of the adventures of Superman past 598
Save time just all the back issues of everything :slight_smile:
With the service going all comics I hope it could happen, and I know it takes time, but I would be willing pay the same rate as Marvel Unlimited if it could become reality eventually.

3 Likes

Any tie in is to Starman is essential and just so good.

2 Likes