Comic Dream Team

Hey everybody so I’ve been asking alot of you guys your opinion on various runs and who you would have take over when that creative team is done. Well what’s your absolute dream team for a comic series? If you could have one writer and one artist on one title what would it be and who? The creators can still be with us or have passed on so feel free to explore history and have fun.

My personal choice would be the Batman title being written by Gardner Fox and drawn by Liam Sharp. I think Foxs early work on bats speaks for itself back in the golden age and liam has hands down the best art in comics in my opinion. Let me know what you guys think and happy reading!

1 Like

Title would have to be Detective Comics and writer would have to be Denny O’Neil. The logical choice for artist would then be Neal Adams, but… George Pérez never worked on a Batman title and I’m curious what that would look like.

3 Likes

I hear this question every few months or so. My answer is always the same:

The Question, by Dwayne McDuffie and Darwyn Cooke.

5 Likes

Perez would be amazing thanks @BatJamags what’s your favorite denny o Neil story

Sorry for the repeat question @HubCityQuestion but that’s an amazing pull truly thank you for contributing and which Question by the way?

Batman: Venom, I think, though I also really like his entire Question run.

2 Likes

Grant Morrison and Mike Allred on anything.

2 Likes

Did denny ever work with norman Breyfogle or was that when he was editing

Hard to deny having grant back on batman

1 Like

That was probably as an editor. I think Breyfogle worked largely with Alan Grant.

1 Like

I think it would have been amazing to see those two together if you had to pair neal up with someone not denny o Neil who would it be

Well, I paired O’Neil with Pérez, so I’ll swap the classic teams and say Neal Adams with Marv Wolfman. I’ve always thought Wolfman’s Batman run was really underrated.

1 Like

Oh I love that

I prefer Vic Sage, but I think ideally it would be a Vic/Renee duo story, like in 52.

2 Likes

The fact that this can never happen makes me super sad…

3 Likes

I feel like if the prospect that it can never be doesn’t make your heart hurt, it isn’t a REAL Dream Team.

3 Likes

But that one… that one really stings.

100 percent agree @HubCityQuestion

I’d really like to see what Stan Lee and Jack Kirby could have done with something like Superman.

I’d also like to see Jason Aaron and Jason Fabook on Wonder Woman, so fingers crossed on that.

2 Likes

World’s Finest by Morrison and Breyfogle.

2 Likes