Coming Soon & Last Chance: June, 2020

Indeed there was. I would hope we’ll get that one in digital sometime this year, what with Ms. Kyle’s big 8-0 and the celebratory focus on her assorted adventures.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s not like a lot of stuff can be made right now. Considering… We’re lucky on DC Universe because they upload comics after a year. Hell, the comics here are still in early days of the ‘Ric Grayson’ stuff. Plus I’m fairly certain filming for both Stargirl and Doom Patrol wrapped either last year or before…this mess. We’ll be alright for a while at least.

3 Likes

Right. Disney+ has been having new shows on a regular basis. The thing is they are all documentaries and shows made for kids and young teens, which given the branding is to be expected. But Disney+ is running into the problem I suspected, which is other then the Marvel and Star Wars stuff nothing on there was really targeted for adults except for a hand full of archival movies. And while Disney+ could not have seen the pandemic coming, that is made worse by all the Star Wars and Marvel shows they had promised now being suspended pretty much indefinitely. So they can’t even begin filming till who knows when but by most speculation still at least a couple months away, and this is in a best case scenario.

They did pull The Right Stuff which was supposed to be a scripted show on Discovery and will be airing it on Disney+ which is very much aimed for adults and has me considering not cancelling like I planned to for a bit. But if they genuinely were trying to compete with Netflix they simply don’t have a diverse enough library and lineup of original shows to really do that, espcialy now.

Although to be fair, while I am super psyched about Doom Patrol premiering and getting 2 shows in a row. I sure hope Bizarro TV is close to done so it can come on after that. Because Doom Patrol says it will be less episodes, and while hoenstly I think most assumed it will be less than 15 like last time, since it was extenuating circumstances we got as many as we did in season 1. But with it also being in HBO MAX and having to end production before they finished filming the finale due to the virus, it might be a lot more.

Titans has not started filming and can’t until the restrictions are listed so it won’t be out any time soon, and the DCYou didn’t even start filming the pilots before the shut down, so it is still a ways off since it can’t even really start until some time after the ban.

Unless Young Justice is further along then rumors state we could be in for a drought here. Granted, I think by the time Summer is wrapping up most services will be hitting some rough waters in terms of new content. But I was thinking that DC Universe might have enough to weather those times with their stuff only airing 1 episode a week. But I am guessing due to CW and HBO MAX likely having the final say in when those shows premiere that they are blowing through them fast.

Not trying to be negative, like I said come the end of Summer I think everyone will be in trouble and have to either get REAL creative or have little new content. Just a shame.

4 Likes

Well, it’s not QUITE that dour. The Mandalorian season 2 is all done filming and will still be premiering in the fall as originally planned, and Falcon and the Winter Soldier is set to resume filming any day now, because they’re shooting in Prague, which has lifted restrictions and is allowing productions to continue. So, at least for those two shows, we’ll still be getting them in a few months’ time. But yeah, for the rest of the stuff that films in the US, those are pretty much delayed indefinitely, like you said.

1 Like

Already here: DC Universe

3 Likes

I didn’t know about those two, although even with filming resumed assume Falcon and Winter Soldier will still be late but definitely is a good thing. I didn’t know about Mandalorian season 2 finished, that is definitely good news.

4 Likes

Get that Marvel trash outta here!

Well yea… Marvel is for kids.

I’ve heard that Vision/Scarlet Woth is finished and they are sitting on it, and it will reiease at some point in the fall.

1 Like

I take it you’re not familiar with the Silver Age.

2 Likes

Right, and DC is all mature content for mature adults 100% of the time. Now excuse me while I go watch DC Superhero Girls.

9 Likes

Well, that was fast. I’m glad my “prediction” came true.

Nailed. It. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s news to me too. I loved the show and the ole west feel.

1 Like

I second that

1 Like

When will there be more doomsday clock issues??

Newer issues of comics are released one year after their publishing date.

My heart

1 Like

Get your cape on

2 Likes

Does anyone know if we are getting an ultimate binge of season 1 of Doom Patrol before season 2 premiers?

1 Like

So when are we going to see more live action shows and movies added to the service. I know WarnerMedia‘s baby is HBO max but they need to not forget about DCU

3 Likes