Constant Issues with Streaming

Been trying to watch things on here, on my phone, on my phone’s network, at home, on my PC and it lags hardcore sometime. Yes, I’ve done all the basic checkups like my network, my connection. I know it’s not me because everything else, all the other services, youtube, facebook, spotify, netflix and hulu are doing fine. They rarely need to buffer. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Have you tried adjusting the video quality?

Why are my videos buffering: https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001951947-Why-are-my-videos-buffering-Why-can-t-I-watch-in-HD-

We use adaptive streaming technology to provide the quality of video file that is best supported by the device you’re using and your connection speed.

Your connection speed is largely dependent on how your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or mobile network. The speed can vary depending on many factors, including but not limited to: network traffic, WiFi performance, other services using your connection, and the bandwidth provided by your ISP.

In general, you’ll need consistent download speeds that hit these targets in order to see video files are particular resolutions.

Quality

Required Minimum Download Bandwidth

360p

1+ Mbps

720p HD

4+ Mbps

1080p HD

9+ Mbps

When a video plays in lower than expected quality, it’s likely because your Internet speed (bandwidth) cannot support higher quality playback at that moment. (Follow these steps to troubleshoot your issue.)

Online Speed Tests

Your ISP may advertise a particular speed, but that is not always what you’re getting. In addition, every online speed test has its own testing methods which may not reflect the actual performance you’re getting.

We recommend using https://testmy.net/download to get an estimate of the speed you’re getting from your ISP to your computer. It will probably be similar for devices on the same network, such as a Roku, Apple TV, or smart TV. If it’s lower than what they promise, contact them to resolve the issue.

We’re going to be eventually moving this over to the Support & Feedback section, but I wanted to message to apologize for the trouble you’re having, @Tarrabyte. What @portalman mentioned from our FAQ is the best for right now, but that said, please also reach out to Customer Service so we can look into what’s going on to cause this problem for you: https://yourdcu.com/help

Thank you so much for your assistance, @portalman! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow sorry for not realizing that this was a thing. I should have checked back back in April my bad.

well none of that seemed to work. Even on my best networks and I talked to some of my friends who also have DC universe told me the same thing. That sometimes it would just lag randomly and then I could try YouTube and it would be perfectly fine at 1080p or even 4K. so it’s not my connection it’s not my phone it’s not anywhere in my house it’s literally this system.

sometimes even comic books will just randomly drop a page for no reason and then I have to reload the entire app or the page on my computer.

1 Like

@Tarrabyte Sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble! Please reach out to our Super Support so they can help with some troubleshooting and see if we can get you sorted. :relaxed: