Convergence: Justice League International (2015-) #1

Convergence: Justice League International (2015-) #1

I got to be honest, this was not horrible but not great and that is hard to say because I was looking forward to reading this. I loved Justice League International but this didn’t feel like them. It felt like a story by someone who only vaguely knew the characters and couldn’t be bothered to give us reason to care about any of them except for Beetle. How he would be the leader when Martain Manhunter was there made no sense and was never explained so just felt like empty fan service. And this lineup… I don’t remember Red Tornado even being a member of the Justice League during this time. Maybe I forgot the lineup but I don’t think so. Would not be so bad but they were supposedly in Metropolis on business yet it was a lineup that never existed on the team at once? And they did nothing with them so not sure what the point of the changes was. I try to be positive and if I had read this with no familiarity with the characters the story is basically solid enough. But should have been more.

Not really familiar with this Justice League but dang . . . This hit me in the feels