Convergence: Supergirl: Matrix (2015-) #2

Convergence: Supergirl: Matrix (2015-) #2

I am a fan of the Matrix version of Supergirl, so I was excited to see her getting a story in this. But I can’t say I was thrilled with the end result. It had some good moments, the biggest of which being Keith Giffen’s humor and Ambush Bug is always welcome, especially when written by Giffen.

But this felt like the wrong book for Giffen to be doing in this crossover. For one if they had him availiable, why didn’t they have him do the Justice League International mini. That would seem like a no brainer, but for some reason they had him do this which was basically a parody of Supergirl and Lady Quark. And not that they are not ripe for that, but when they are giving them a new story, maybe one of their last, for the first time in years like this I would have rather they made better use, and tried to use them to tell a more memorable story and change peoples perception of them. Then go for easy jokes.

Like I said, not a bad series by any means I enjoyed it for what it was. Just seemed weird to do a comedy story by Keith Giffen for a character that was neither used for that kind of comedy in her day, or had anything to do with Keith Giffen.