😍 Costume Glow-Up! 😍

*Earth One

Good catch, @BatJamags and @moro! Thank you.

I agree with liking more fanfare in the costume, @BatJamags. Those two were standouts for those reasons. With a less pronounced Bat symbol on the chest plate, it also seems like a “yeah, it’s Batman - you know him already” kind of move. The White Knight suit is two-tone black and gray.

I like Bruce’s reasoning for choosing black more often, as it blends with the shadows (he works at night), strikes fear into his foes, and pairs well with the naturally dark Gotham streets. A blue or yellow pop of highlight is a really nice touch that I have always loved as well.

1 Like

I’m still new to the Raven character, but this design for The New 52 Teen Titans (Issue #17) is both haunting and impressive. I believe it falls into Trigon’s “Black Bird of Terror” storyline, where the character was reintroduced. It’s a stark contrast to Rachel’s appearance in Titans and is really stylish!

2 Likes

On the topic of “a pop of color in the Batsuit” @BatJamags and @moro, the design in Batman & The Signal has an interesting look. It reminds me of @KamAndi80’s Batman Rebirth shirt with the yellow outlining the symbol. Though it’s not my favorite, it looks great with Duke’s Signal suit and is a great match to this unique art style.

Have you read this short series? (It’s a fresh new take on the Batman stories and a short, fun read!)

What do you think of this costume?

4 Likes

I really like this costume, too! :smiley: I also think that the way the cape attaches around the breastplate is visually interesting.

3 Likes

Nice catch, @ZatannaAndHerSpells! I agree!

2 Likes

Didn’t read that one, but this doesn’t look all that different from his Rebirth suit (aside from the shape of the bat symbol). Popular costume, for sure.

I personally would love to see this return:

3 Likes

That is definitely the model they used for inspiration, @moro! There are some details that have been customized to this series but mostly a mock-up of the Rebirth suit. You are a walking DC Encyclopedia! Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

Not sure I’m worthy of that praise, given the amazingly knowledgeable members we have, but very much appreciated nonetheless @KeyFamily :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You are most welcome, @moro! If you do not consider yourself among them (yet), than you are at least a “Junior Recruit”. :smile:

1 Like

in spite of myself, i’ve grown fond of batman’s rebirth suit over time. i got used to the absence of trunks and think it doesn’t look nearly as bad as superman sans-trunks, i like the weird belt, and if i could marry the purple lined cape, you’d all be invited to the wedding

2 Likes

that’s a cool observation!

2 Likes

I just finished reading Damian: Son of Batman (4-parter). Initially this suit turned me off with the high collared coat, but the more I read the more I liked it.

It has a solid silhouette and the “detective” jacket actually suits the crime-solving vigilante well.

There is a clear absence of cape but somehow, they make it work.

Have you read it? What are your thoughts on this costume?

3 Likes

i love it! dracula collar!

2 Likes

This is such a cool look! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I was going to come in the praise the Batman Rebirth costume, but since we kinda have that already, I’ll do one that I’d be curious to get your opinion on @ZatannaAndHerSpells. I’m thinking of the costume that Zatanna got in the New 52 around the same time Trinity War happened up until the end.

I like it because it feels like a great combination of her classic sexy magician look and her more traditional superhero look in the 80s.

4 Likes

I really love this one too, @ZatannaAndHerSpells! Thank you for weighing in!

2 Likes

Ooh I like the cloak!

Edit whaddaya mean “kinda!”

2 Likes

“Kinda” in that we were talking about that Batman Rebirth suit already, so I wanted to show something else.

1 Like

I think it’s appropriate to link this old thread here. We had some fun a while back geeking over The Man of Steel’s different looks.

1 Like

This is fan art, but I think it’s fantastic.

1 Like