Crown the Greatest DC Film Tournament

Thought I would have some fun and start a tournament to crown the top DC film. I forewarn you, I’m pitting Batman movies and Superman movies against themselves to ease the competition. I’ll start with an easy win…

• Wonder Woman
  • Jonah Hex

0 voters

7 Likes
  • Green Lantern
  • Steel

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Batman 1989
  • Batman 1966

0 voters

4 Likes
  • Batman Returns
  • Dark Knight Rises

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Batman Forever
  • Batman and Robin

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Batman Begins
  • Dark Knight

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Superman The Motion Picture
  • Superman III

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Superman II
  • Superman IV

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Supergirl
  • Catwoman

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Superman Returns
  • Man of Steel

0 voters

4 Likes
  • Joker
  • Suicide Squad

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Birds of Prey
  • Constantine

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Watchmen
  • Justice League

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Aquaman
  • Shazam!

0 voters

4 Likes
  • Swamp Thing
  • Swamp Thing Returns

0 voters

3 Likes
  • Batman v Superman
  • The Kitchen

0 voters

Disclaimer; I ran out of titles and chose The Kitchen since it was featured on DC Daily.

4 Likes

The first bracket is now complete. I have no plans on when I will move forward, but I think Thursday will be good since I will be off. Let the voting begin!!!

8 Likes

I’m surprised I was the only one going for Superman III. I rewatched them recently and Superman III is still an entertaining movie, but oh, Superman I did not stand the test of time. :joy: That was a rough watch.

5 Likes

3 was always my least favorite. I basically gave it and 4 a “mercy killing” because I thought there was no way they were moving on and that way they are beaten by the obvious choices. And I absolutely love 4…

3 Likes

Rad tournament @MovieAddict! I’ve a few suggestions for more if you like:

● best Red movie: Red, Red 2
● best Vertigo movie: The Losers, V for Vendetta
● best Paradox Press movie: Road to Perdition, A History of Violence
● best DC movie released by 20th Century Fox: Batman: The Movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
● best CW Seed series edited into a movie for home video release: Vixen, The Ray
● best Constantine movie: Constantine, Constantine: City of Demons
● best Green Lantern movie of 2011: Green Lantern, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
● best animated Suicide Squad movie: Batman: Assault on Arkham, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
● best Superman movie of 2006: Superman Returns, Superman: Brainiac Attacks
● best Teen Titans Go! movie: Teen Titans Go to the Movies, Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans

8 Likes