Custom bound comics

Have any of you ever custom bound comic books? Either by yourself or through a company like Houchen Bindery. I’m interested in making some custom binds, and I just want to know how the both process and the end product are. I just recently finished up collecting the single issues of Ron Marz’s GL run, and I think it would be super cool to see some custom binds on my shelf. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@cnzspuk I’ve used Houchen before and I have to say I’m very pleased with the results.

For me, when I send comics to be bound, I like to prep them by removing the back covers and any ads that could be removed. I put them in the order I want to read them (so let’s say there’s like an annual or a special between issues, I want to place those in the appropriate place reading-wise) and then I send them off.

It depends what kind of binding you’re looking to do (regular covers vs graphic covers) but overall the process takes some time.

The final results for me at least, have been stellar. If I had an issue with something, I’ve found their customer service to be exemplary.

If you have any questions at all, I’m here to answer them.

Here are some examples of the Who’s Who binding I had done a while ago. These are an excellent example of how they do wraparound graphic covers.

1 Like