DC Fan Art Club: Monthly Challenge, May 2020

I feel my stomach tense just hearing you talk about it! Well at least we have your pencil work safe and preserved, but I’m sure you’ll do great

2 Likes

Put me down for this battle! Is there a preference, splash page or sequential? Can it be just pencils? All my inking pins are dry. :pensive:

3 Likes

Whoo! I’m so glad someone picked that one up, thank you! As for how you tackle the challenge, it’s completely up to you. :wink: I’ve seen WIPs of both varieties so far, and we have several artists who stick to graphite for most of the challenges.

I’ll get your claim added to the master post as soon as I get to a computer!

2 Likes

Oooh this is awesome! I love the shading, especially in those first two panels :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Also I feel that left hand struggle :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Noyce pencil work @loganmichaelphilips. Just helpful tips when inking you don’t have to fill in everything with pencil first especially if your the one inking it in you can just leave a x where it’s black . This will also make your tips last longer on your pens, because the graphite stick to the tips. Also I pencil left to right so I ink the opposite way to keep the pencil from smearing on the board. I hope that info helps just friendly advice.

6 Likes

So, I know that this is really late, but I’m going to have to back out. I’ve got some stuff irl and prior dcu commitments.
I’m sorry @CynicalPink, for the late notice.
And I’m sorry to everyone else.
10:20pm 5/15/2020

5 Likes

TY for letting us know. :+1:

@DCFanArtClub - Bane vs Talia is back up for grabs if anyone else wants to join in OR you want to swap your current claim!

5 Likes

This one is for the Art History Majors. The Battle of the Misters.
Mr. Freeze vs Mr. Nobody.

6 Likes

I’m gonna save most of my comments for the main post when it goes up, but this is fantastic

1 Like