DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #28, Submission Thread

@stefanie.m come on you know I had to include some of the classics to the game in the drawing. As I said to @RobArt471 I left the gears until last because I knew they were going to be very difficult to capture correctly

5 Likes

@NYJt3 thanks! To add difficulty to the game each gear should be removed one by one like jenga

4 Likes

@NYJt3 wow. Just wow. This was a very cool idea and I like how it evokes the shapes of the gears. I’d like to see a summary list of the characters as I recognize some but not all. I’m amazed there are that many!

4 Likes

I love it!!! This is fantastic!!!

3 Likes

Oh, and I can take this one from NYJt, if that’s ok:
here’s the list for ya

Summary

Elongated man
Offspring
Plastic man
Elasti-Woman
Madame Rouge
Rubber duck (From the Zoo Crew)
Elong-gator (Had to go multiversal with this one.)
Elastic lad (Jimmy)
Malleable man (He was in one of my favorite issues of Dc comics presents.)
Metal men
Metamorpho (technically counts, In ways)

6 Likes

Thank you!! :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks! That is exactly what I was going for!!

2 Likes

Sorry I missed this earlier, it is amazing!! You can keep looking at it and find all new ways it curves and meanders around. An “eye-twister” if I ever saw one. Great innovative thoughts make great works!!

1 Like

3 Likes

And Thanks to everyone else as well​:+1:

4 Likes

What up all! I’ve been inactive for a fat minute, taking some time for myself, but I’m back hopefully for a while! The gear challenge was fun, and as I’ve been kind of obsessed with watchmen lately, I thought it was perfect.

8 Likes

Welcome back dude! And great piece, especially the hand poses are very well done, the whole thing really.

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Welcome back
An awesome™:+1: entrance.
Look great :+1: wow

4 Likes

I do love me some Plas. Well done.

4 Likes

I know I’m late on this one but I’m kind of just reemerging from a depressive bout and actually have steam to draw again! :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, the gears reminded me of Catwoman’s steampunk look in Injustice, which I did my best to replicate. Apologies again for the late entry!

7 Likes

No apologies needed, lovely work. Digging the pose with her pointed toe and her facial expression :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

4 Likes

@stefanie.m Again, you with the hands! They’re one of the hardest things to draw, and they seem effortless for you. :exploding_head: Your linework is also really clean, here. I think you really honed your skills over Inktober.

@RobArt471 This is such an exciting tackle of the prompt! Your work so often seems to be part of a bigger story. I always wanna read it/see the outcome. :sweat_smile:

@AnonymousHQ I’m sorry you’ve been quarantined again. :frowning: Hope the art stuff keeps your mind off the heavier stuff.

@ImpulseMaxMercury People were allowed to copy the gears or use them as an inspiration, so you’re fine! My eyes are bugging at how closely you reproduced those gears :open_mouth: That’s crazy level of details! And your use of the prompt is perfect. It’s now my personal canon that the Chief had Operation in mind when tinkering on Robot Man.

@NYJt3

That is clever! And fun to pick out who is grappling with who :smiley:

@chongoboy1014 Talk about a triumphant return! That looks cover-worthy. You’re another one slaying it when it comes to hands – that’s a really difficult perspective to capture. But really, all of the anatomy looks incredibly well done.

@Hyperia90 Hope you’re feeling better these days! That costume design is perfect for this prompt, and you did an amazing job capturing all of its details. The mesh and plating on her legs really caught my eye. And I’m always happy to see a sassy Selina smile. :blush:

6 Likes

Purrrrfectly awesome™:+1:

4 Likes