DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #29, Submission Thread

Hi, I’m new here. I did some samples many years ago and decided to scan and share a few pics. This is a panel from a Batman submission that has a bit of cross hatching in it.

11 Likes

Thats looks awesome™:+1:
Nice entrance.
Welcome to the community :+1:

2 Likes

Digging the perspective. Very nice first impression! Welcome to to the club!! Can’t wait to see more!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury I think the crosshatching must be a breeze after your last few projects! :joy: Love how Etrigan is eating up the moment, and all the highlights and shadows of his cloak make this really eyecatching.

@stefanie.m Love Skeet! I think as far as a critique goes, MAYBE the little spot, which is the brightest reflection of that light bulb, would be closer to the light source. But as someone who needs a photo reference to work, I hope the more experienced will chime in. :sweat_smile:

@niamton.95457 This is so great! Crosshatching looks like it comes naturally to ya. Love how it captures the original work while still having a touch of your own style.

@NYJt3 Dude. This is one of your best pieces yet! I’m used to seeing you work digitally, but is this pen? Whatever you used, it looks amazing. The different layers of hatching really give you a sense of the shape of his face. :flushed: Just wow. (And I feel ya with the every bigger to-be-read list)

@Viciousdark Welcome back, and beautiful work, as always! The intricacies of your shading look great on the costume, so I hope people enlarge to view.

@JKoco17 Welcome!! Always awesome to see someone new join in! If that’s how great your work was a few years ago, I’ll look forward to seeing the newer stuff

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
It was digitally actually :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Digital crosshatching sounds even harder to me :scream:

2 Likes

I was a bit difficult doing it on my phone but the ability to zoom helped a lot :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

1 Like

Crosshatch shading is not my forte, but I got to draw Mr. Terrific!

8 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury It never ceases to amaze me how much detail you can accomplish with individual pieces of shading. Looks great!

@stefanie.m SKEETSSS!! :two_hearts:He looks just like the JLU version. So cute.

@niamton.95457 Woah, this is great! You nailed the hatching and the perspective from below on the facial structure. Awesome job.

@NYJt3 Did I read correctly that you did this on your phone?? Amazing, dude!!

@Viciousdark Holy mackerel, this is gorgeous!! Her face, her posture - you nailed it. That’s some professional grade art.

@JKoco17 Welcome!! Woah, such an awesome piece - the details in the background, and I love Batman’s costume. Great job!!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t realize it from this illustration! Looks great to me

2 Likes

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Almost forgot about this challenge. Just scratched this out in the last 15 minutes.

9 Likes

Can I say…TERRIFIC!! Well done!!

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah I do all my works on phone :sweat_smile: at least the ones I’ve done on here. (Mostly due to time because I can’t do it during the day so I do it at night on the phone to not wake anyone up​:sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

@Hyperia90 looks… Terrific.
Like the hatched hair. Awesome™:+1:

@RobArt471
15 minutes wow awesome™:+1:

3 Likes

If I could bang out good art that quickly Id miss way less challenges :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Thanks! I think I make his hair longer every time I draw him. Lol! (Pandemic hair)

5 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

:exploding_head: lovely job even the letters cross hatched!

2 Likes