DC Nation Shorts: Sword of the Atom

DC Nation Shorts: Sword of the Atom

This short is really well done. It’s just a shame that its story was never completed.

4 Likes

One of my favorite weird 80s comics, love the animation here and wish they’d finished.

2 Likes

It would be really cool if they did an animated movie based on this story. Would be perfect for this streaming service

5 Likes

I was just thinking they should take what they have here, stitch it together, finish it and release it as a movie. If they think it would help sales they could re-record the Atom voice with Brandon Routh, but they don’t have to do that. In any case, the story needs to be completed.

2 Likes

This was a great book adaptation! Wish it was finished.

1 Like

which comic is this inspired from? is there anywhere where I could find the rest of this series?

1 Like

The comic this was based on is also called Sword of the Atom, and it was published in 1983.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_the_Atom_Vol_1

No more episodes? :s

DC should turn some of these DC Nation shorts into short animated series. Wouldnt mind a Sword of the Atom 12 eps series. Not every animated series needs to be 65 eps or more. Short series like anime is fine by me.

5 Likes

Maaaan! Just when I was getting into it. I hope this DC streaming thing is successful enough that projects like these could be finished-- or at least they do an entire adaptation of SOTA as a whole movie, not in 1 1/2 minute shorts.

6 Likes

One of my favorite DC Nation shorts. I wish DC would have either turned it into a series or a full.

3 Likes

One of my best friends recently gave me the first tpb in the comic series. These shorts are great! I hope to see more on here. It’s kind of the perfect platform for it

2 Likes

I’ll donate money if it means more stuff like this.

images.jpeg

8 Likes

what see more new dc movie

Definitely need more Atom shorts for sure.

4 Likes

Wait so this is how the story ends. It’s never going to be finished, it is from 2012 so I doubt they are going to finish it, it’s not like it’s a really popular cartoon

2 Likes

The animation is great, but the dialogue was cheesey. Still, would love DC to revive this and make it better.

4 Likes

Why is this not complete… that makes me sad. Wish we had more atom stuff though.

15 Likes

I would definitely watch a whole animated Atom show!

13 Likes