DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of the Black Adam

DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of the Black Adam

I hope this works soon

1 Like

It works!

It won’t play.

It won’t play what’s up with that??.. I have been dieing to watch this for the longest!!!

It doesn’t work

Fave!

Hopefully DC adds a streaming quality option. It looks terrible right now.

1 Like

Captain Marvel Billy Batson the best
Bring Cap Marv Jr in the next movies

1 Like

I hope they bring in the other DC Showcase shorts.

4 Likes

I can’t do anything on this app. I’ve signed up with everything it asks and it still tells me to sign up for premium! WTF!

1 Like

Man it’s been awhile since I’ve watched this movie but it’s still awesome to this day. I think it’s going to be a good window into what the movie is going to be… SHAZAM!

3 Likes

I love love love Shazam. I can’t wait until the movie comes out.

1 Like

It plays, but it has subtitles an they won’t go away.

1 Like

Perfect in every way. A fantastic short with Captain Marvel (he’ll always be CA to me) interacting with Superman and Black Adam. A must watch.

3 Likes

Overall, I love this. The animation is great, I love the voice acting and I love seeing something where Captain Marvel gets to be front and center. Billy Batson is one of my favorite underutilized DC characters. My one critique is that I feel the ‘be good’ message doesn’t quite fit into the length of time they had to work with.

Spoilers follow in my elaboration.

It’s very clear that Captain Marvel wanted to kill Black Adam to protect the people of Fawcett City. Not for ‘revenge’ as the summary states, but because Black Adam has a body count in the dozens at least just from this incident alone. And yet Superman is like ‘you’ll be just like him’ - ??? I think they could have made that part of the film where Superman talks him down from killing Black Adam but it would have to have been treated with far more finesse.

1 Like

Uh, where’s the GA short? The Hex short?! Movie is incomplete.

1 Like

Superman/Shazam was alright, way too short to be a good origin story. Captain Marvel deserves his own full length animated movies, so it a bit sad that this is what we have. Still well worth watching though!

The real gem here is The Spectre. It focuses on The Spectre taking vengeance on a group of murderers. The story is a short noir style narrative. The voice acting is awesome, the music fits this kind of story perfectly, and the animation, complete with a film grain, is top notch.

The video cuts off unexpectedly after The Spectre ends. Obviously there was more to this short movie collection. It’s a shame, I would’ve liked to see what else was included.

3 Likes

Why are there parts cut? This is incomplete

Is anybody other than me is weirded out over the fact that DAMIEN DARHK IS THE VOICE OF GREEN ARROW. LOL

TALK ABOUT IRONY.

6 Likes