DC Showcase's Batman: Death in the Family Interactive Movie

OMG! Ahhhhh I got sooo excited the other morning when I saw this. This is DC getting it right. It can’t come soon enough. I pulled out my old copy of Starlins Death in the Family and watched the Trilogy of movies Under TRH and Son of Bat and B&R. Bringing in the interactivity to the DCU with this arc is sooo perfect. I’m dating myself, but I can’t remember how many times I asked my dad if I could call in and save robin. Knowing now how cool RH turned out to be I don’t think I’ll be doing the same now. BUT what will happen if he lives? What would that do to storyline? Will DC make a new arc where he lives and Damien Wayne never becomes Robin? Instead of a conflicted Robin we get the version of Damien that is evil? Would he go after Batman and end him, thus thrusting Jason to take up the cowl and exact his revenge? Tune in next week. Same Bat Time. Same Bat Chanel.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: Im sooo excited about this.
I would like to know the variables that they present. I hope they are at least somewhat decent. Jason’s version surviving. OOOOh great

Erm, probably not. Those aren’t in the same continuity.

I’m not saying don’t get your hopes up, because I’m excited too, but I am saying temper your expectations a little bit lol

When will this be released here on DC Universe?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, it takes new animated movies about three months from their DVD release date to pop up on here. I could be getting my dates wrong, but I believe that was the case with Red Son and Apokolips War.

1 Like

I love, love, love this. Thank you DC for bringing a piece of my childhood back. Already re-read my original trade of this. I can’t wait for it.

1 Like

I’m so excited!! I can’t wait to see the choices and outcomes! :smile:

Some of us did many time over and over again. I think this is great. To use this story and pair it with this new style of viewing is perfect. Black Mirror, Captain Underpants, etc showed it can work. Now this is pairing that with nostalgia is very smart on DC’s part.

Personally I’m looking forward to the inevitable double feature that I will be doing with under the red hood and this. The “choose your own way“ method is going to be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to seeing all the possible outcomes, and how your choices impact the story.

Loved graphics for the opening credits they showed during the DC FanDome panel

3 Likes

That’s great! Mirrors a lot of the style in the original “Death in the Family” covers :grin:

1 Like

New animated movies come out 30 days later. We have around 75 days until Man of Tomorrow.

Good thing we were able to choose to watch it for free during fandome on Saturday. DC does a fine job with the animated features.

1 Like