DC Universe Book Club Week 8: GREEN LANTERN (2011) Issues 1-5

Greetings!

Wednesday sees the release of The Green Lantern #1 from Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp. Are you excited? Because I’m excited!

So what better way to celebrate than by reading some Green Lantern?!

This week the DC Universe Book Club is diving into Green Lantern (2011) Issues 1-5.

So join us as we see why the heck Sinestro is again a member of the Green Lantern Corps.

You know the drill, discussion will begin this Friday (11/9) at 5PM EST and lasts all weekend. But please please please leave spoiler free impressions throughout the week. All of this takes place right here, on this post!

If you want to talk to chat about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

And make sure you check out The Green Lantern #1 available at your local comic shop!

In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape Sinestro’s sight….?

16 Likes

Wish more GL comics be added, really poor representation

2 Likes

Wooo hoooo… the DCU book club has left the station for another thrilling week of reading!!

2 Likes

@Don-El

Now I just need one of those train conductor hats.

3 Likes

Green lanterns are the GOAT police academy!

1 Like

Sweet, I was waiting to read dark victory because I didn’t know if that was next lol @matt

1 Like

@steeltanner

I thought we could all take a Bat break :slight_smile:

1 Like

I must admit, I’m behind and currently catching up on The Long Halloween. (SO GOOD) This gives me enough time to catch up for Wednesday! See you guys then! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Who needs breaks from Batman? I’ll tell you – WIMPS. That’s who. :joy:

Seriously, its been a white since I went through that one, so I’m looking forward to rereading it.

Plenty of time I think; today is only Tuesday. I’m planning on reading Dark Victory and to reread these five issues of Green Lantern New 52 before Saturday. Friday at 5 p.m. Eastern is when Professor M opens this up for reviews and spoilers.

I put Green Lantern New 52 issues 1 through 18 up for sale on eBay I think about 9 months ago . I’ll have to go back and check and see if I ever sold them. Great story , love when Sinestro flirted with the idea of being a hero again.

Green Lantern is a major blind spot for me. Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of this arc.

2 Likes

Oh cool! Beyond the animated features, I’ve never really read any GL. Looking forward to jumping in!

2 Likes

This was the first GL comic I read. I’m looking forward to reading it again.

1 Like

Any update on when more GL comics will be added???

What happened to Hal and Sinestro just before New 52 is key to issue 1, but you can jump on with #1.

1 Like

@Don-El

This is true. I jumped in just fine though.

Anyone pick up The Green Lantern #1 today?

1 Like

No I hope there’s one left when I get to the store on Saturday

Planning on cracking into it tomorrow. Looks really good! I love Grant Morrison.

I’m surprised at the number of haters about this right now.
I do see it’s a fat one, they want 4.99 for the digital copy at comixology wow!