DETAILS OF CHALLENGE – 2019 Challenge
The idea of this challenge is that the DC Universe app has a massive comic book library. I personally am wanting to read as much of it as I feasibly can. I am creating a reading challenge for the me to go through over the course of the next year of the service.
You will be able to see below what I am reading for the prompt once I start it. I will be keeping track on a post and then editing it as I go along. I hope to one day say that I have read the entire comic book library! Goals, right? I am using a site as well that is marked in my profile as a tool to do this, but I will be using the below post mainly to show where I am at with this challenge. This is just a fun little comic book reading challenge for us to delve into the library over the next year! I hope you will create your own post below and join me in editing and reading different parts of the comic book library. It is going to be a fun and interesting year. Feel free to use any of the various book club reads as well to reach any of these goals.
These are the 25 prompts to complete the 2019 DC Universe Reading Challenge. These prompts are open to your own interpretation! This is for fun, so don’t worry about rules. Just have fun. In other words, you don’t need to ask “does this fit this category” because if you want it to fit, it does.
Here are the 25 Prompts for 2019 to Year 2 2020:
- Read a title that only has ONE issue in the comic section.
- Start and finish a series that features a mystic character in the book.
- Read at least 3 issues of a book that has the name of a major DC villain in the title (i.e. The Joker or Deathstroke).
- Read a 3 issues of a title not in the main DC continuity.
- Read 10 issues of a title starring Wonder Woman
- Read 10 issues of a title starring Batman
- Read 10 issues of a title starring Superman
- Read a series heralded as a mini-series
- Read 5 issues from a title of a character that you have never read an issue of before.
- Read at least 3 issues of a title focused on a female that is not Wonder Woman
- Read at least 3 issues of a title featuring a Bat-family member
- Read at least 3 issues of a team-up book (not a team book, but a team-up book like Superman + someone else)
- Read at least 3 issues of a team book (i.e. Suicide Squad, Justice Society of America, Titans, Teen Titans, or Justice League)
- Wild Card – Read any book in the comic book section that you desire and report it back here for this slot.
- Get a recommendation from someone and read however many issues they state you should read. Ask a forum member, a friend, the assign a comic thread, or in community 2.0 message the mods for a recommendation (maybe not, depending on how often they get messaged).
- Read three of the tie-in titles for DC’s event CONVERGENCE
- Read any book in the library that is not a DC Comic (i.e. Wildstorm or the limited amount of Vertigo titles)
- Read one of the tie-in titles to Infinite Crisis. They are Days of Vengeance, Ran-Thannagar War, Villains United, and OMAC Project.
- Read at least 3 issues of a book with a SPEEDSTER in the title of the book. (i.e. The Flash or Impulse)
- Read at least 3 issues of a book published on or before 1979
- Read at least 3 issues of a book published during or after 1980
- Read 5 issues of any of the follow: Tiny Titans, Super Powers, or Super Friends.
- Read at least 5 issues of a book that has the name of a major DC location in the title.
- Read at least one issue written by the following three writers: Geoff Johns, Mark Waid, and Gail Simone.
- Read at least one issue drawn by the following three artists: Neal Adams, George Perez, and Joe Kubert