DC Universe Community Roll Call: Tell Us About Yourself!

I have worn many faces and had many personas and aliases in my time and I am only halfway through my journey at 52.
I am a life-long Iowan in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area.
When I was a wee lad in the 70’s, there was a used bookstore which had a lot of the oversized treasury editions of DC comics like the collection of the first few Denny O’Neil R’as Al Ghul stories from Batman and Detective Comics.
When i was in junior high, I had a paper route and I passed a comic store on my way to the newspaper building to deliver my subscription money every week.
My favourite superhero team has always been the All Star Squadron.
I recommend All Star Squadron and Infinity Inc. to people and the Harley Quinn movie.
I would cast Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan.
I am a writer of time travel novels and attend Gallifrey One, the largest Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles every February.
Pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza.

1 Like

So I am 55 from the 505 also known as Santa Fe, New Mexico, the guys at work in to all this. One of guys told me about the page and that a new series of Swamp Thing was going to be a on. When I came to the app and found my favorite Harley Quinn on here I got the app. I love the site. So Swamp Thing was my favorite TV show till they canceled it. As for comics I am new to it but if I have to pick a favorite I would say Green Arrow. They all ready have the perfect casting in Margot Robbie as my favorite character… Her acting in Suicide Squad and Birds of Pray was Beyond magnificent. I like gaming and watching TV when I am not occupied with DC. When I get a Canadian bacon mushroom sausage and green chili and pineapple pizza. So I would say that is a yes to that. Any more questions, feel free to ask. :blush::blush::blush::grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Hi @Zomaster, it’s great to have you here! Margot Robbie is great as Harley. What games and TV do you usually like?

2 Likes

Fishing game on my Xbox 1 digital and on my phone State of Survival. TV I like just about every, but my 2 favorite would have to be drama and action. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hello, I am completely new to the forums, and a little flustered/stressed out,

1. I am from the U.S.
  2. Technically, being stuck at sleepaway camp and running out of reading material, where I discovered (name of DC’s competitor deleted). More officially, Archie Comics, Inc.
  3. Ambush Bug, Zatanna, Plastic Man, and others that I can’t remember at the moment.
  4. Paul Dini’s Batman writing, especially with Hush.
  5. Fan-casting or actual casting?
  6. Reading, writing, and making abstract creations out of yarn.
  7. I don’t like pizza.
3 Likes

@elvish_angelblue.72418 Welcome to our slice of DC heaven! Usually in the US, huh? We’ve got a traveler! That’s awesome. I love hearing about family getting folks into comics, especially siblings. Creates yet another bond! We’re glad to have you here!

@rosestindog.31947 Glad to have you here! A paper route passing a comic store is so cool! Such a great nostalgic origin for comic love. I’ll have to check out All Star Squadron! Heck yeah, I think Nathan Fillion would make an excellent Hal! Again, welcome to the forums, friend! :grin:

@IrwinSchwab No worries! If you have any questions regarding how to operate the forums, feel free to check out this thread to start off. You’ve already hit one of the best first places right here with this Roll Call thread! If you need anything else regarding navigating the forums, feel free to reach out to us @moderators if needed. Otherwise, pick whichever casting you’d like, and let us know who you’d love to see play your favorite!

1 Like

Thank you! I think that Tom Kenny is my favorite Plastic Man voice actor.

1 Like

Hello DC Universe. 54 year old Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, Forensic Psychologist and Psychology Professor, and former independent comic publisher. Been reading comics since I was a toddler. Some of my favorite books from back in the day include: Challengers of the Unknown, Warlord, Green Lantern, and The Flash. I love many of the CW shows, and would love to see a live action version of The Question (Vic Sage). I’m also very excited about new seasons of Titans and Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

Hi @twarner2.13265, it’s great to have you here! It sure sounds like you have quite a history with comics. I think a live-action The Question show would be great, too. Who would you say your favorite DC character is?

1 Like

I’m from GA, Joker is my favorite character. (H. Ledger) I grew up waiting on heroes but I realized villains save ppl in America. The best ppl aren’t the popular ones, it’s the ones that go to that dark place with a mission to pull everyone up with them. I’ve never been a big comic fan but I read them on occasion. Pineapples are okay on pizza. Just not my pizza

2 Likes

I did enjoy the new joker movie immensely, whenever there is a well written and acted take on a character, it is always a fun new read or watch. One of the things that makes comics great, seeing the evolution and new approaches to characters. Personally, I would rank him as my third Joker, Caesar, and heath 1 and 1a.

2 Likes

Ok seeing as I have been here since day one,my introduction may be a bit overdue.
Where are you from? My name is Robert and I am from Oklahoma.
What or who got you into comics?A few things got me into comic books When I was in first grade I had a really bad problem learning to read. Comic books were recommended and here I am. It didn’t hurt that when the fair was here in 1968 so was the Batmobile and other famous cars. I must have thrown the best fit a kid could do cause I ended up sitting in the batmobile that day. Yes this was one of the original 1966 cars.
Do you have a favorite DC character? Lighting Lad and all the legionnaires .I have a really big love for all the obscure Dc characters. Those are the stories I am looking for every day. Gimme some Seven Soldiers,Freedom fighters JSA
What comic, TV show, or movie do you recommend to people who have never read comics before? Doom Patrol is a perfect show for someone not into comics.
What’s your perfect casting of your favorite character? So far in the limited casting of the LSH has been pretty awesome. Loved them in Smallville,Justice League animated and the Legion of Super heroes animated shows.
What are some of your other, non-DC interests? playstation games, Queen music, lots of tv shows
Do you accept pineapple on your pizza? One day I will try. to this day not yet.

1 Like

That’s a tough question…there are so many. But if I had to pick just one…it would be The Flash. I love his personality and the fact that no matter what, he always tries to stay positive and tries to stay the course of being a hero.

1 Like

Welcome @IrwinSchwab to DC, cool to hang out and enjoy the evening here :blush:

1 Like

Hi @LegionnaireforLife - Better late than never right? Thanks for sharing with us! That is so awesome that you got to sit in the Batmobile, such a memorable experience. Totally agree with Doom Patrol, you don’t have to be a huge comic fan to enjoy that show.

You HAVE to try pineapple and ham pizza and let us pineapple pizza lovers know what you think!

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Hi let me be the first to welcome you to this community by the way I’m new here also so we can assist each other on this site so feel free to message me if you need anything or if you just want to chat

1 Like

Hey Jonathan from Brooklyn NY here. I really got into comics at the age of 9, with spawn being the first I read. I really like Nightwing but also I’m falling in love with other characters due to the vast selection of comic books it’s awesome I love this it’s awesome I love this universe just wish you had more movies availablealso there’s a comic book series called. Is that I suggest everybody should read it it’s all of the religions fighting each other to be the top pineapple on Pizza is a no-go have a good day in the DC universe

2 Likes

Welcome everyone!

1 Like